I write this review with a heavy heart after having to leave such an amazing place. My wife and I stayed at the Grace Santorini 2 seasons ago and didn't think it could get much better. To our delight, we were wrong!! We opted for a Deluxe room this time and stayed in room 52. There was plenty of room for the two of us, not that we were inside the room very often. The room was well appointed, with an extremely comfortable bed and giant shower and bathroom. Apivita bath products were provided which are excellent.
We were met at reception upon arrival by Georgia.....it felt like reuniting with a lost long best friend. She brought us our welcome champagne and we chatted about our travels. We were brought to our room we Georgia had made (probably herself since she does it all!) us a custom pillow with our initials on it (see picture). What a thoughtful welcome treat!
There is also fantastic "memory box" in the room. The hotel provides a box with some glass containers and bag to collect treasures on your stay. We chose to fill it with black sand from Perivolos and Red sand from the Red Beach, as well as some other trinkets that were special to us during our stay. The memory box is a fantastic idea, I wish more hotels did something like this!!
My wife's birthday was also occurring during our stay and Georgia arranged a dinner in one of the caves in the restaurant (a must do). Since my wife is vegan, preparing a traditional Greek menu might have been challenging. Not at the Grace. Spiro's created wonderful 3 course meal that delicious in every way. Cheers!
The rest of the staff was wonderful too. Christina, Dmitiris, Ben, Dora, Spiros were always knowledgeable, attentive, polite and always greeted you with by name and welcoming smile.
As you might be able to tell, its is a unique, intimate hotel. If you are looking for hustle and bustle or staff that acts like robots, this isn't the place for you.
I would be remiss if i didn't make a few suggestions before wrapping up with another rave about Georgia. So here are a few points off the top of my head for first time guests: There are stairs...a lot. Its not a big deal if you are fit. I would recommend staying elsewhere if you are in a wheelchair or have difficulty walking though. There is a path that runs on the outside of the hotel to Skaros Rock. People will walk down this path throughout the day and especially at sunset. The hotel did not build this path and its not their fault its there. Some people seem to be put off by it, but was total non issue for us. The people don't stop and chat, its just a public walkway. Skip Kamari (except for the open air cinema) and go to Perivolos. Go out late at night, we ate dinner usually around 10 pm. Skip Fira during the day...the bus loads of cruise people wont make for a nice visit. Take a private or semi private catamaran tour. Smile your at Grace. When in doubt ask the front desk staff for suggestions, they wont let you down.
Last and certainly not least....Georgia. From booking my reservation, to recommending Nickoletta to take us on a half day private tour (GO with her, she is so nice and knowledgeable!), to the custom pillow, to making surprise dinner reservations, sending a surprise birthday cake and champagne, for helping make travel arrangements after I screwed things up, for doing the laundry (haha), and ALL the other countless things you do. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. You have become like family and we couldn't imagine our Grace Experience without you. You is as invaluable as an employee could possibly be.
Josef, you should follow my recommendation that I left on the check out card. Thanks again for the drinks!
Basically, fellow traveler, you should stay at the Grace and stop looking at other places. The hotel only has 20 rooms (plus the villa). We are already planning our next trip, you should too. What are you waiting for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Santorini, of Grace Hotels Group, is an exclusive luxury boutique hotel in a spectacular location high on the Caldera. It has been designed to integrate perfectly with its unique environment and offers 180 degrees unobstructed views. From its setting on the exclusive Imerovigli hillside in northwest Santorini, guests can enjoy the famed Aegean sunsets over the Cyclades. This graceful property with its individually styled suites and bedrooms appeals to those seeking the ultimate romantic escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grace Santorini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santorini Grace Imerovigli
- Hotel Santorini Grace
- Grace Santorini Hotel Imerovigli, Greece