Our stay at the Aqua Luxury Suites was the highlight of our two-week trip to the Greek isles. My husband and I found this an ideal spot for our honeymoon. I mean, you get your own private cave! What could be better? A few things to note:
- The facility is stunning. Each suite is on its own level with its own character.
- The hotel's location in Imerovigli is ideal. The crowds from the cruise ships in Fira don't make their way all the way to this area, so it's probably the best location in Santorini.
- The Honeymoon Suite and the Junior Suite seem to be the most private, as they are downstairs and have smaller patios. The largest suites are upstairs, and more open.
- Every suite has its own water feature, which singles out this hotel from the others nearby. It's delightful to be able to have a private dip in the pool in the heat of an August day.
- It's not possible to drive to the facility, so your transfer will drop you at the nearest corner (the edge of where cars can travel) where someone from the hotel will meet you and take you and your luggage down the street, then down the stairs to reception and eventually to the suite.
- Pay close attention when they bring you to the hotel! It took us a little while to remember exactly how to get to the hotel (though once you learn the markers, like the pathway to the Irini Hotel that sits above the Aqua Suites, it gets better.)
- The staff is lovely and very accommodating - Nikki, the manager, is phenomenal and will go out of her way to give you a good experience.
- Room service prices are very reasonable. And the included breakfast (served to order every morning in your room) is generous and quite good.
- This is a place to come when you're young, in shape, and have good knees (meaning, it was great for us). There are many, many steps to climb to leave the Aqua Suites - probably, what, the equivalent 6 flights, perhaps, depending on which suite you're in. It would not, then be the best place for someone who has trouble with stairs or hills. My husband and I regretted that we wouldn't be able to bring our parents back to see this wonderful place - the physical challenges would be too much for them.
We've travelled the world and stayed in incredibly beautiful places. But the Aqua Suites and Imerovigli are probably our favorite yet - and this compliment doesn't come lightly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying panoramic views of the Aegean Sea, the caldera and the volcano, Aqua Luxury Suites Santorini features elegant accommodation, some with an outdoor hot tub or plunge pool. Breakfast is served daily in the suites. Free Wi-Fi is available. All suites are uniquely decorated with hand-picked items and open out to a private, furnished balcony or terrace. The seating area comes equipped with a flat-screen, satellite TV and CD/DVD player. Air conditioning, bathrobes and a hairdryer are included. The 24-hour front desk at Aqua Luxury Suites can arrange car rental or a private chauffer to explore the island. Guests can learn to cook Greek dishes or try Santorinian wines during cooking lessons and wine tasting. Sailing excursions are organized on request. The famous beaches of Perivolos and Perissa are around a 20-minute drive from Aqua Suites. The lively Fira is 3 km away, while the scenic village of Oia is at 9 km. Athinios Port and Santorini National Airport are at a distance of 12 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aqua Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Hotel Imerovigli
- Aqua Luxury Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece