“Didn't meet expectations”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I were walking back to Imerovigli one night and wanted to grab a late dinner...we saw the tripadvisor rating on the door and thought it would be worth exploring. Though it was later, the kitchen was still open and they said we could be seated. It took a waiter nearly 20 minutes just to bring water and menus. When he came back to take our order, he checked his watch 3 times while we were ordering. However, a group of girls came in 15 minutes later and he had no problem attending to their table. Our food was fine (loved the tomato balls but the greek salad was average) and we had to ask twice for bread. And naturally it took forever to get our check so we just left cash on the table. Perhaps we were just there on an off-night, but we had much better meals elsewhere!

2  Thank ashleyshurst

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This was our first meal in santorini and didn't know all the local favourites then. Waiter was very kind to serve us vin santo , tomato fritters , and lovely local fish. Food was well made and very tasty. If you are looking for good Greek food made local style this is the place to come. Very nice view too. Compared to other taverns here noticed it was quite pricier for the quality.

2  Thank taxiDad35
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The view is very beautiful and with good food and lovely music we had really nice lunch in this place.

1  Thank Thetallfinn
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was our last night in Santorini and we decided to stroll into Skaros. It wasn't crowded, a few tables left, and we asked the waiter if they were still open. He welcomed us and sat us next to the edge for the night view. It was very windy that night and I told him I was nervous about our food flying away, but he guaranteed the safety of our food! Haha He offered me a jacket because I was wearing a tube dress, but declined. I thought that was extremely thoughtful of him. He introduced himself to us as Christos and his co-worker was Demetri. He took our order while joking with us along the way. He made the dinner very memorable as well as enjoyable. I ordered the salmon fillet while my friend ordered the swordfish. Both were delicious, fresh, and succulent. We ended up being the last table at the restaurant and Christos took extremely great care of us. He was thoughtful, attentive, and super charismatic. We definitely enjoyed his company! He made the experience even better and wished us safe travels. It was a perfect ending to our stay in Santorini. Thank you!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The food was great but probably the most expensive dinner we've had since the fish is by the lb so you have no idea what youre getting. The food was good though