“Best week end I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellevue Village

Bellevue Village
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Agia Pelagia
Hampton, United Kingdom
“Best week end I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

. Just returned from a perfect weekend ,just 20 mins from airport your in a beautiful secluded ,family run friendly hotel with incredible views over looking the Cretan sea .We had a large airy room next to a large inviting pool which rarely had anyone in it although the hotel was full ,the sea was a short steep walk to a vibrant beach with a couple of restaurants and bars

Room Tip: We had a large room next to the pool no 226 it felt very secluded and we could run in and out of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Caitlin K

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I would thoroughly recommend this lovely charming place. I came here with my family in late July 2013 and it was a 15-20 min drive with a cab from Heraklion airport. We were so excited when we arrived at 11 pm that after we had settled in we quickly walked down to the beach and luckily there was a lovely family run Taverna open where we could have a drink and some nibbles. The property is situated high up so one has to walk down and up the hill, but that was great as the benefit of that was that the view from the apartment was absolutely fantastic. George who ran the place with his parents were lovely and very welcoming. George was so helpful with any questions we had. The Ligaria beach that we walked down to many of the days was charming and there were many locals there too. If one wanted even more noise and activity one could also walk to Agia Palagia which was about 20 min walk away. I personally preferred Ligaria beach. We took the bus from the main road a few times to visit other places around and that was very convenient as its only about 10 mins from the bus stop. Toward the end of our stay we hired a car which was great and I enjoyed driving around on the island. Our apartment was absolutely fine and the best bit was the balcony with it's view. I would have given this place a 5 star if the rooms would have been even nicer, but then the price would have been higher, so I was very happy with this. I would also like to ad that it was great to have the pool there too. So I would so recommend you to visit this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank KBateson
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed in Villa Bellevue with my 96-year-old mother and it's a very nice place with very friendly owners, ready to help and give advice. When I booked the owner was extremely correct and told me that the hotel might be unsuitable to people with old age or disabilities and she exactly specified how many steps led to the best room she could give us (and her information were absolutely adequate). The room we had was large and the presence of a kitchenette with all necessary things to cook was really very practical, as the place is far from restaurants and my mother was not so keen to go around by car in the evening. There is a small restaurant in the hotel but you have to book in advance to have dinner ready. Breakfast is not included but it's cheap and absolutely excellent. There is a large swimming.pool and a wonderful view which you can enjoy from your balcony. The place is not easy to reach and you definitely need a car to move; there is a sign on the main road but unluckily it's invisible by night. September is not so hot but I confess I missed some air-conditoning by night, also because keeping the windows open didn't improve the temperature much and allowed lots of mosquitoes inside (there are no window-nets); this was definitely the least pleasant part of the holiday. We also had some problems with the shower which is heated by solar panels which didn't always work well. The location of the hotel is ideal to visit the island as it is practically in the centre of it and you can easily reach all the main sights in a short time. We stayed one week but I feel Crete deserves more time to be fully enjoyed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank lauramtorino
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

While I was just looking for places to stay I found Villa Bellevue, right from that moment I knew it was the place to go. I went with my teenage daughter and it couldn't have been more perfect..everything one needed and yet very simple too. It was heartbreaking to leave..the people, the surroundings, all were marvelous.
I didn't hire a car, we wanted a simple holiday in the sun..the walk down the cliff to the beach was great exercise and after the first couple of times was a breeze!! It was great to walk up after a day at the beach and go to the Bellevue tavern for dinner..the food was always good and the service was perfect. Marion, Maniolis and their son George are SO welcoming..it felt like we had come home.
I like to walk so I didn't mind the hike to Agia Pelagia, it's also a really good way to see things you miss in a car but when I go back, not in the heat of summer, I will hire a car to visit the rest of the island. Ligaria beach is less crowded and was everything we needed it to be to recharge our batteries.
I cannot recommend this place enough if you are looking for peace, quiet and away from the madding crowd. Seclusion and privacy, wamth and companionship...all I can say is it was great and I will go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank LynRuth
Exmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a great place to experience the joys of Crete on a budget, but in a way that feels a touch genteel. We (myself and my teenage twins) found our apartment unfussy, clean and spacious. The air conditioning is essential for those of a more northerly persuasion, but worked fine, with the small caveat that the cooler air didn't really reach the dining area (where one of us was sleeping) . The balcony provided a great way to end the day, with a drink and a marvellous view across Agia Pelagia, the coastal hillside and the sea. Swimming in the hotel pool, and in the warm sea at Ligaria Beach below, was also a great pleasure. We took our evening meals in the beachfront tavernas in Agia Pelagia, but it was nice to have kitchen facilities in the apartment too, for snacky stuff. The owners were extremely friendly throughout, and helped us considerably with shrewd tips on places to visit and things to do. The hotel is just large enough to give you an eclectic quorum of fellow holidaymakers to meet, yet also small enough to provide a simultaneous feeling of relaxation and privacy. We'd strongly recommend hiring a car, for local trips as well as exploring the rest of the island. The main roads are good, but it's worth adapting to the local custom of straddling the hard shoulder on the national highway to let the (otherwise laid back !) Cretan population speed by. We'd need to return to Crete to finish the job of exploring the resorts, antiquities and mountain scenery. If and when we do, we'd have no hesitation in returning to Villa Bellevue.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Doolittle_10
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Just returned from Crete the magic island with the beautiful beaches and the wonderful views around it.

We would have liked to explore the whole island but in a 10 day holiday it is very difficult.

We stayed in Bellevue situated in the centre of Crete near the village of Agia pelagia, and above the small, but super beach of Ligaria

The owners of bellevue are very friendly people always there to give info and advice about everything that can make your holidays easier, and not expensive and the hotel is perfect for relaxation, it is simple ,but it has everything you need ,especially a big swimming pool.

The views are fantastic you can see two beaches and also the island of Dia ,7 miles west of Agia Pelagia

We had a small car and that help us a lot to go around the island.

After the end of each day we had three options to eat in the apartment, or to go down town to Agia Pelagia or Ligaria beach to have our dinner in one of the tradional taverns that were there,or to eat something at the small tavern in bellevue with the view of the island of Dia and the Ligaria beach.

But the good part ,was after our meal, was to go to our balcony in bellevue and enjoy the view and peace away from the noise and to have our cocktail before going to bed, to fill up our batteries for the next day .

We will in future , return to bellevue the next time we visit Crete, I don’t know when but for sure we will

Room Tip: room 223 or 224 and 218 is super for couples
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nina l
Arundel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

If your looking for a 5 star resort with all the trimmings, then don't stay here. But if like me your looking for simple Greek hospitality in an amazing location with the most amazing views then this is for you. The apartments are basic but clean and very spacious, clean linen was provided every other day and there was piping hot water morning and night. The veranda wrapped itself right round the apartment so i was never without a spot in the sun, and i had the most wonderful sea views.
The owners and their son were a complete delight always happy to advise me on places to go and makingy stay that extra bit special. There is a small restaurant and bar at the hotel and the breakfast is excellent, fresh rolls, preserves, ham, cheese, Greek yogurt with fruit and honey all rounded off with a lovely cup of fresh coffee.
I had a the most delicious home cooked Mousakka one evening which was was washed down with a nice glass of wine.
Your own transport is a necessity at this hotel due to It's location, it stands on a hill above the main resort and the track from the main road leading to the hotel is quite a distance. I chose to hire a scooter as I was on my own which was perfect, however the hotel can arrange hire cars for you which is very convenient. The hotel has the most wonderful pool which is large and has the fantastic views and is cleaned every day. When I was there in September I had the pool to myself every afternoon, unlike many resorts where I've been fighting to get a sunlounger! From the pool there are steps leading to the road which takes you to one of the several beaches, it is steep but worth the effort. The main resort Is a 5 min drive away and has all the bars, shops, taverns and amenities you could wish for.
If your looking for a quiet relaxing holiday away from the hassle and bussle of the main resort then Villa Belle Vue is perfect, I found I was able to completely unwind and relax in warm friendly surroundings, so much so I have booked 2 holidays there next year, I've found my little piece of heaven and I'm sticking to it!

• Stayed September 2011