All reviews beach bar rocky beaches animation team salt water pool mountain view food was buffet style hotel premises comfortable beds main pool evening entertainment is aegean sea pleasant stay restaurants and shops restaurant staff resort spa quad safari beer and wine
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

After a recent total hip replacement , nothing better than a trip to Crete. This hitel was ideal, two lovely beaches on either side, quite a few steps which was great for the new hip!
The staff were welcoming, Anna and Antoine at reception, Jennifer full of information for excursions, and Manos and Pablo at the bar with cocktails!
The food was varied and even though the restaurant can become noisy you can find a secluded spot.
Rooms and bedding very comfortable.Cleaners friendly and polite.
We had a lovely time and I would go back .

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank LLL3332019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Just spent a week here, the hotel has just opened for the season. Every single member of staff from the receptionists, the rep, Jennifer, the bar staff, restaurant staff, caretakers, etc, were always smiling and welcoming and ready to help with whatever was needed.

The food was very good, varied, and plenty of everything, including lots of great vegetable dishes. The outside grill did some great dishes.

The hotel itself is clean, spacious and very well maintained, plenty of facilities and activities from the animation team. 2 great beaches within 5 minutes walk, beautiful clear water.

Overall I would certainly recommend it, especially given the value for money overall, but most of all for the staff in the hotel who really made the place feel comfortable and relaxed but efficient at the same time, there is obviously a great management team organising things behind the scenes.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Guy B
Reviewed January 5, 2019

I would like to express my thanks and appreciation for the service and care I received at Peninsula Resort & Spa from 12/8-19/8/2018 .Never written a review befοre but it was so good I have to recommend it.

The hotel is in prime location with a panoramic view of Agia Pelagia, you can find a nice beach near by. The rοoms are kept very clean with nice comfortable beds. Every staff member with whom we came in cοntact was attentive and kind .

The food was excellent ! We went half board which I recommend as we eat out a couple of times but I felt the dinner in the hotel was better. There was also a great Italian restaurant inside the hotel. It was really good.

What else can I say. I'll definitely go back. haven't a bad word to say about it.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mrlucky G
Reviewed October 30, 2018

built on the slopes of the peninsula, the resort enjoys all the benefit of the view and the quiet nature around. the place is welcoming and the food is OK. not for elderly or walking problems people as there are lots of stairs all around.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 30, 2018

On arrival, our room was not as expected (possibly one of the problems of booking via a third party), but reception were very good and moved us on the second day to a room that was more suitable for a three generational family. The second room was perfect with lovely views out towards Agia Pelagia and the sea. The food was good, the entertainment is in French, but that didn't bother us - in fact, we loved the cabaret - my daughter (6!) was especially impressed with a few of the acts.

We appreciated the heated indoor pool as the outdoor pools were very cold indeed.

Just two warnings - I don't know what the mosquitoes are like in the summer, but at the end of October they were most certainly biting! Secondly - the hotel is quite remote with buses not that easily accessible although once again reception came to our rescue and got us a taxi to take us to the nearest bus stop - up a very steep hill and across a busy road (not suitable for a six year old).

Date of stay: October 2018