We spent a week in Crete, on this beautiful Greek island. Peninsula Hotel was chosen because we read about the beautiful view, and we weren't disappointed. I read several negative criticism, but only the many steps were that we observed. So, I don't recommend the hotel due to the many steps to restricted mobility people and seniors. They find it difficult to down and get up the beach or in the lower garden parts.
The hotel is located on a hillside with a beautiful garden full of palm trees and oleanders, from the upper terrace near 270-degree views of the sea! The rooms are in several buildings. Our room was of the lower part of the hotel, with beautiful views, but If someone doesn't correspond to the room, ask for an exchange at the reception. The staff was very friendly, everyone helped.
Both the pool water was clean, the garden was treated, the room was cleaned every day. The room air conditioners is quite old and weak, but I saw other rooms, the installers exchange the older one to a new equipment.
The food selection was good, every dinner fresh baked meats were made. Several times was fish, seafood and traditional Greek dishes. Unfortunately, the early breakfast was very poor...
The All-inclusive care of the drinks are free, but only in the main building taverns. The beach snack bar is only for beer and soft drinks were free. The beer was very good :), but the coke was terrible for me...
Every night was a music show, mostly in French, English and Spanish second. The shows were very loud, so glad that our room wasn't in the main building, but in the silent lower part of the hotel. We enjoyed the quiet Monday night, when there wasn't music show...
Several car rental is close to the hotel, so it is useful to explore the island by car. I recommend to explore the beautiful "Palm Beach", which is the other side of island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Resort & Spa is located in the Heraklion prefecture of Crete, in the village of Agia Pelagia, just 25 km away from Heraklion town. The hotel is built amphitheatrically on a peninsula of distinctive natural beauty between the bays of Mononaftis and Psaromoura, forming a unique panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel offers direct access to three different beaches ideal for swimming and snorkeling due to their protection from the frequent northeastern winds that regularly affect the North of Crete. The hotel is compromised of two main buildings and several groups of Bungalows with great views of the sea. In total the hotel offers 250 guest rooms of various types. The architectural and decorative style of the hotel is simple yet elegant aiming to maintain a traditional Cretan style and highlighting the natural colours of Greece. The Peninsula Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for those seeking both relaxation and enjoyable holidays in Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peninsula Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Peninsula Agia Pelagia
- Agia Pelagia Peninsula
- Peninsula Resort & Spa Crete/Agia Pelagia