I visited the hotel Peninsula with a friend and more than lived up to our expectations. First of all, its stunning location on a prominontry over a shimmering Aegean sea is hard to beat. Secondly, the rooms are extremely spacious and clean with lovely terraces. They come equipped with fridge, satellite TV, airconditioning and, very importantly, good mattresses. We had absolutely no complaints about the rooms or housekeeping.
The reception and bar & restaurant area are dignified and tastefully decorated . We got a feeling of luxury far beyond the price we had paid. Yes, there are steps to climb, but nothing too daunting for an able-bodied guest, and the upside of this are the fabulous views of the surrounding area.
We took the B&B option and were more than satisfied with the choice and quality of food on offer. Other guests who opted for full board told us that lunch and dinner were equally impressive. For those wishing to be more independent , there are, however, delightful tavernas in the small bay next to the hotel. We liked Stelios’ beachside tavern the best, but for guests with a car George two minutes up the road up the road also puts on a great lunch with a lovely personal touch.
If we found any shortcomings at the Peninsula, it might be that because of the hotel’s location, the wi-fi access is intermittent, so not suitable for those needing reliable internet access.
Overall, however, we feel our stay in the Peninsula has been pretty idyllic and we are definitely planning a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Resort & Spa is located in the Heraklion prefecture of Crete, in the village of Agia Pelagia, just 25 km away from Heraklion town. The hotel is built amphitheatrically on a peninsula of distinctive natural beauty between the bays of Mononaftis and Psaromoura, forming a unique panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel offers direct access to three different beaches ideal for swimming and snorkeling due to their protection from the frequent northeastern winds that regularly affect the North of Crete. The hotel is compromised of two main buildings and several groups of Bungalows with great views of the sea. In total the hotel offers 250 guest rooms of various types. The architectural and decorative style of the hotel is simple yet elegant aiming to maintain a traditional Cretan style and highlighting the natural colours of Greece. The Peninsula Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for those seeking both relaxation and enjoyable holidays in Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peninsula Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Peninsula Agia Pelagia
- Agia Pelagia Peninsula
- Peninsula Resort & Spa Crete/Agia Pelagia