Spent 2 weeks at the Blue Bay Resort at end of July 2013 - wont be going back!
Please do lots of research on this hotel before you decide to go there on holiday.
- Lovely setting - wonderful views of the Med and the hills - great sunrises and sunsets.
- Some staff lovely - thank you to Michaela and to Stella - your welcoming smiles were a pleasure
- Complaints such as problems with basin, additional pillow request attended to promptly
- Annex pool is mostly quiet and pleasant. Pity some nationalities are not very congenial when it comes to noise and diving in the pool
- VERY uncomfortable beds - narrow, short and hard - didnt have one decent night's sleep - had a big impact on the holiday.
- Wifi rarely works properly and very slow when it does - problem for me as I intended to work while away - proved to be a nightmare
- Shower stalls made for midgets
- Air con - very noisy - almost to the point of having to switch it off at night
- Food - mostly bad - although the salads and the fruit were always fresh and appetising. Often canteen type food and usually luke warm or cold - although the room became unbearably hot. There was always plenty of food.
- MIdday snacks - pizza stone cold
- One or two staff appeared to dislike their jobs and were vocal about it.
- in the Annex where our room was situated - there was a lot of noise from the staff accommodation which is close by
- drinks part of all inclusive package were very poor - soda stream type soft drinks. Beer was OK, wine was not great.
Other comments - either negative or positive - depending on point of view!
- Lots of stairs and hills - not suitable for someone with disabilities
- Closest village is a good half hours walk away and it is quite a tough walk - there is a bus however. There is very little to do around the hotel - restaurants, night life etc.
- Very few English speaking people at the hotel - differences in cultures are not always pleasant! Also - doesnt feel very Greek
- Hotel is large and spread out into 4 buildings - we were in Annex which I think was best for us - less people about.
- Bungalows - no idea why they are called bungalows - they are rooms in smaller blocks away from the main hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' is located on the northern side of Crete, Mononaftis Bay, 22km from the capital city of Heraklion, in the quite village of Agia Pelagia. Thanks to its privileged slope position, it offers breathtaking views of the Cretan Sea. For a vacation in an environment full of natural beauty, 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' has a wide selection of room types, offers excellent service as well as a range of leisure activities. 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' is an ideal choice for relaxing and enjoyable holidays. It is also a central point for excursions throughout the island of Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Blue Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Blue Bay Agia Pelagia
- Blue Bay Resort Hotel Crete/Agia Pelagia