Having read the other reviews i dont know what people expect? We (my wife and I) have just returned from a weeks stay in this hotel and found it to be of very good standard and quality.
Yes there was some issues I.E the stairs but the hotel is fine.
Hotel is split into two, main hotel and there are 3 blocks of bungalows, two within the grounds and the other bungalows were up a hill approx 500m away. We were originally booked to stay in these but on arrival we asked if we could be in main hotel and the duty manager at reception said, without any hesitation yes, we later found out that the bungalows were all closed for the season and all guests were now in main part of hotel. We did speak to guests who had stayed in bungalows week before and they said although smaller than hotel rooms they were fine and would have no hesitation of staying in again. We did visit the furthest away, just to be nosey and they had all the main ammenities of main hotel aswell and looked Ok.
The hotel did have a lot of stairs and would be a big problem for people with mobility issues, there was two lifts but they did not go to all floors or pool areas.
Hotel very clean and staff were excellent. Our room had 2 large flat screen TVs, two bedrooms and a whirlpool although i dont think all rooms were this size or had the same facilities, guests we socalised with each night did seem very happy with rooms.
Our rooms were cleaned and bed changed each day except Sunday.
Restaurant was large and airy and staff were very good. All meals were buffet style and there was a good selection at every meal which included salads, fish, pasta, meat (we had lamb chops, pork chops, steak, meatballs etc) and there was sauces fresh bread every day (warm in morning) good selection of deserts and there was a greek night each week. Wine and soft drinks were available at every meal as was beer at lunch and evening meals along with Tea, Coffee and fresh water.
In between meals you could get pizza and sandwiches at pool bar and cake and biscuits in the afternoon. There was also ice cream all day at pool bar.
The pool was cold but refreshing and very spacious area, A good thing, reserving chairs was not allowed.
Drinks were available all day from 9.00 am till 11.00pm either at pool or in the evening also in main bar in hotel. This included local beer, brandy, ozzo, raki, wine, soft drinks and tea or coffee. After 11.00 pm a charge applied.
Entertainment did not exist when we were there but there was a stage area beside pool were entertainment had happened during earlier weeks.
Hotel is a little remote, very steep hills down to bay at bottom which had two tavernas (Stellios is superb) and nearest town, Agia Pelagia, is a good 30 minute walk along winding roads and hills. There is a bus stop outside of hotel which takes you to Heraklion twice a day. The hotel also provides shuttle bus to bay twice a day.
Hotel is very good and i would definetely go back if i was looking for a quiet, peacefull holiday but if it's nightclubs etc you need to look elsewhere. Do try the massage at Hotel it's very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' is located on the northern side of Crete, Mononaftis Bay, 22km from the capital city of Heraklion, in the quite village of Agia Pelagia. Thanks to its privileged slope position, it offers breathtaking views of the Cretan Sea. For a vacation in an environment full of natural beauty, 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' has a wide selection of room types, offers excellent service as well as a range of leisure activities. 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' is an ideal choice for relaxing and enjoyable holidays. It is also a central point for excursions throughout the island of Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Blue Bay Agia Pelagia
- Blue Bay Resort Hotel Crete/Agia Pelagia