I do not usually write reviews but I felt compelled to put a few bullet points that may help you make a decision about this hotel before you book:
1. ALL INCLUSIVE FINISHES AT 11PM - this includes all drinks (coffee and water included) and if you wish you drink after you have to pay!
2. Food is only available at breakfast, lunch and dinner with the exception of a slice of chocolate cake at around 3pm and ice cream available at Athena bungalows (not sure about main hotel). All other food will have to be bought from the hotel shop (open limited hours) or the local supermarket which is down a very steep hill and not for those with mobility issues. The food is very, very samey - if you don’t like pasta I wouldn’t recommend. We had pasta for lunch and dinner for 10 days along with fish, chicken and pork with salad - the food was tasty but there was little variety.
3. Try and get a room in the main hotel - our Athena bungalow was ground floor (popular with ants and 2 large cockroaches) and was a short walk from the main building - nothing to complain about though unless you have mobility issues but it was very basic and not what we expected.
4. The pool in the Athena building wasn’t cleaned on a regular basis so did tend to have leaves in but wasn’t dirty to a great extent.
5. The hotel itself is lovely, stunning location with 2 small cove beaches (steep hill to access) and very peaceful - very modern and well furnished (apart from our room which was not pleasant) and the staff were friendly and always smiling. One point to mention would be, as a couple, there are no bars or nightlife within walking distance (especially at night as not well lit) so it is very quiet and as all inclusive finished at 11pm we were in bed quite early - great for relaxing but poor if you wish to eat and drink out.
All in all we had a lovely first holiday together - we like a quiet holiday but this was too quiet for us. Would not go back but not because it was a horrid place, just would like more for our money!
This is not meant as a moan but more as a guide to young couples who may want to travel here!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' is located on the northern side of Crete, Mononaftis Bay, 22km from the capital city of Heraklion, in the quite village of Agia Pelagia. Thanks to its privileged slope position, it offers breathtaking views of the Cretan Sea. For a vacation in an environment full of natural beauty, 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' has a wide selection of room types, offers excellent service as well as a range of leisure activities. 'Blue Bay Resort Hotel' is an ideal choice for relaxing and enjoyable holidays. It is also a central point for excursions throughout the island of Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Blue Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Blue Bay Agia Pelagia
- Blue Bay Resort Hotel Crete/Agia Pelagia