“eva mare hotel agia pelagia”

Eva Mare Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Agia Pelagia
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“eva mare hotel agia pelagia”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I are just back from a week-long stay at the Hotel. I had asked my travel agent to book me in to an hotel in Iraklion and was surprised to find we were based 25 kilometres away. My holiday arrangements are usually at very short notice, due to the nature of my work, which involves being on call at short notice, I have spent holidays on Greek islands many times over the years so I have some knowledge of the conditions and standards to be expected. In the case of this hotel, my expectations were exceeded by far.The room was fully equipped as advertised, the en-suite including bath and shower had full pressure water as hot, or cool as I wanted at all times of the day or night when I wished to use either.We were booked in for bed and breakfast and took our meals at the restaurant which is owned jointly with the hotel. As well as breakfast we often ate lunch and dinner there as the food was excellent also. A public bus service gets you to Iraklion very cheaply from a point about 100 metres from the hotel so we got to see the sights of Iraklion and Knossos, without the dust and noise of the city. Perhaps my travel agent knows me better than I know myself. I've just volunteered for redundancy so I will be in a better position to book ahead now and I intend to return to this hotel on a regular basis from now on. My comment on sleep quality was due to my leaving the patio doors open and getting bitten by mosquitos, which was hardly the fault of the management

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank tom c

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I am very surprised about some bad comments related to this hotel. It depends what you are looking for... We rest there and spend so nice time. Everybody is helpful sympathetic; rooms are confortable, Nice view and all with air conditioning. The buffet is nice and the restaurant Yamas is cheap and the quality of the food is So good. We come back in the hotel for the fourth Time. Marios - the manager of the hotel- is free to give you good advice on everything you need. If you are looking for a quiet area you are at the right address; for sure you are not in the center of the village but in 5 minutes by foot you reach it. On the other hand you can rent a car near the hotel; you could use it also to visit Crete. On our side we will come back in September again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Olivier T
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We booked a superior room**** for five nights but when we arrived we were quite dissappionted. Our room was spacious, nicely decorated with a fantastic sea view but was missing a minibar, music, bath, phone and LCD flatscreen t.v as advertised on the hotel website. Our t.v was an old portable t.v from the 90's with poor picture quality.

My main issue was with the shower room which looks like it has been retiled but the fixtures and fittings were old with a stained toilet that had problems with flushing and had to be fixed three times but it will not change the fact that it will happen again. sink basin was mouldy and the shower tray was dirty and old. It seems the hotel has designed luxury rooms but with lots of short cuts to save money.

Cleaning leaves a lot to be desired, dust from the day we got there until when we left and floor not cleaned. The cleaners change the bins, put clean folded sheets on the bed daily but then i end up making the bed.

Staff were friendly, breakfast was average. All in all the hotel has so much potential but fails to deliver in certain aspects. Hotel website is genious, rooms look amazing but for the price we paid we expected better.

Room Tip: get a room on a top floor for the beautiful seaview
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Canadian in Holland
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The suite was lovely and spacious (as in pictures) (included a\c, flatscreen TV, playstation, bath). But, the night we arrived our suite was not available, so we had an old 2bedroom apartment - they said the suite would be ready after breadfast the next day - then they said ready by noon - then, finally we got the suite about 45 minutes later - very frustrating - also, the PS3 was not available until the third day of our arrival!
The cleaning was daily (except for the before last day, we had to remind them) as promissed, but not well done!
Breakfast was included - but very basic - some kind of "coolaid" rather than real orange juice (or at least from contrate) - bread was excellent - but the rest very simple and cheap.
Dinner was delicious though - we really enjoyed this - it was all fresh vegies and fruits - nice meals, huge variety - it reminded me of my homecooked meals when I was growing up in Canada ... remember when Mom was home all day cooking! :)
The staff - with the exception of one very friendly waitress (morning staff) - was not that welcoming or friendly - rarely was there a person at the front desk - you had to go to the bar, or restaurant to get help!
As for the hotel itself - it was nice, small, quiet, a beautiful and breezy pool area.
Overall, it's too bad, as the place has lots of potential - but missing the finishing touches ... friendliness, upkeep, cleaning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank applelou

Travelers are raving about these Agia Pelagia hotels

Warsaw
Reviewed September 13, 2008

One of few good things one might say about this hotel is that the beach nearby is very nice - calm and friendly. But it is stony and so is the sea bed. Rooms: if you get a studio/appartment in a renovated part, you are lucky, they are good standard. If you are not - you end up in a den! The appartments in the old part are really lousy - they desperately need some human touch! The toilets and the kitchen area are disgusting, there is no tv set. In some rooms the balconies are tiny and you get no view at all. The food - we absolutely hated the breakfasts - everything was always dried out (except for very nice bread), very small selection. As for the dinner, beware - if you are on half board, you don't get any choice of a menu! The owner of the hotel is a nice guy, but the rest of the staff are not friendly. The cleaners are noisy, rude and careless, they sometimes take your staff away with the bedclothes (my son's pyjamas). The swimming pool is the smallest I have ever seen in any hotel, but the swimming pool area is quite nice, you don't have to book sunbeds at 6.00 am. There is a good car rental and an internet cafe in the hotel, both quite useful. Nevertheless, we wouldn't advise anybody to stay there.

• Liked — peaceful location, not crowded
  • Disliked — appartment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Turystkaja
Antwerp
Reviewed May 28, 2008

They restaured the appartments last year, they are looking very nice. Fresh towel every two days. Too few toilet paper, permanent noise of neighbours industrial airco, barking dogs (at 4pm in the night). Breakfeast is not too bad, staff unfriendly. The view from the appartments is beautiful. There must be better hotels.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank Nathan V
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2005

what can i say never again,family run which in all honesty got talking to one of the daughters who was very nice,this is the eva maria apartments im talking about and not the hotel which is next door,the apartments where like something from the dark ages(peeble dash inside) the rooms dark and small,fridge could of done with a good bleach,not clean at all,they had the cheek to moan about our towells being dirty,which was mainly from the bathroom floor,as how can your towells get that dirty when you go from your room to the pool,anyway would not go again and would not recommend only to my worst enemy maybe.

• Stayed June 2004