“Best Waterfront Restaurant in Crete island”

Almyra Seaside Food & Cocktails
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Agia Pelagia
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was surprised to see how good a restaurant can be. Relaxing atmosphere, excellent coffee and drinks, divine food, friendly behavior and above all very decent prices. What else can you expect ?? I shall surely visit it again whenever I shall be in Heraklion Crete.

1  Thank Yannis L

Reviewed September 2, 2013

With a beautiful white setting, this little gem stands out from every other place on the Agia Pelagia beach. I really felt I was on holiday when I sat there and had a cocktail while listening to chillout music and watching the beautiful seaview. Very relaxed place, you can even go swimming and come back and chillax in your swimming suit.

1  Thank melination
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We covered the beach from one end to the other looking for someone with a boat that would take us back to our hotel via the sea but could not find anyone willing to do it (apparently they need a special license to do it). That is how we found this place at the west end of the beach. Late afternoon. DJ was playing a mix of classical Greek and pop Greek music. The locals were dancing to the music, a few of them on the table tops. Not wild kids, adults that were enjoying themselves. We really enjoyed the beachside atmosphere. My wife nursed a couple of Mai Tai's, I had a cappuccino and later a milkshake, the girls (10+16) shared a Belgium waffle with ice cream and whipped cream. Not expensive at all and very pleasant. Someone noticed I was kind of dancing to the music in my chair and they tried to get me up to the dance floor. I did not, a shame I didn't.
This was late afternoon before sunset. After dark it probably gets even better (we were there with the kids). They had posters saying that there would be a party the next day. We were tempted but rented a car and travelled the island the next day. I think you can not miss with this place. Enjoy, we certainly did.

1  Thank LJGisrael
Reviewed August 23, 2013

had our first meal here and it shouts class.was pricey though and the portions small.right by the bay and lovely tables,which are nice and comfy.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spent an amazing time at this place. It combines absolutely everything that you need to fully enjoy your vacations. The place is literally on the beach in the gorgeous bay of Ag. Pelagia protecting it from winds that affects other areas.
It stands out from the rest as it is very new with great decoration that puts you immediately in a holiday mood. The staff members are really friendly and you can sense that their priority is for the guests to have a nice time.
We enjoyed coffees, light snacks as well as an array of great cocktails. The music is great and there are a lot of events being organised that we never got bored.
What I would highly recommend as well is the amazing experience that I had at the restaurant when I order fish for lunch. They have their own supply of fresh fish from local fisherman and you can smell and taste how exquisitely fresh they are. The other people from our company during our stay tried a variety of things that exist in their very rich menu like shrimps tempura and Greek delicatessens and we all had a very enriching gastronomic experience.

Our complements to the Chef, the Management and the Staff!

2  Thank gde9616