“perfect vacation”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Agia Pelagia
Rishon Lezion, Israel
“perfect vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

we stayed at Athina Palace for five days. the service was great, stunning view, the beach with clear and clean water, pools, great food and great variety. we had family room, the room was big and the shuttle service worked fine

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank rubi73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leeds
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I traveled with friends last week and have been booked out to this hotel from the Sea Side Hotel for the first night.
I must say the first impression, was not bad, but only got worse as longer we were there.
We have been greeted by a loud and drunk group in the bar, the bar staff had no control what so ever. We could not even hear our own mind.
Bear in mind this was about midnight, as flight from UK was delayed and we arrived very late.
Our friends got big rooms with a lovely sea view, and my husband and I somewhere in the basement and what the man at reception called "sea view" - I would call "bin roof view" - room 728 or 729 something like that. Disgusting - I would not even pay a penny for this room.
We could not take a shower after the long travel, as there was no water in the whole hotel, plus all public toilets were blocked and overflowing.
Breakfast - very poor, nothing to choose from, nothing like Greek food, however there was a man serving champagne??? - what? for breakfast?
Honestly I was glad to leave this place, nowhere near 5*.
The only nice moment was when Janis and Emanuella from the bar came to speak to us, after they finished their shift. What a lovely couple, very nice and friendly people, very communicative and interactive, showed true passion towards their job.

Room Tip: Rooms a shabby, dirty and smelly, possibility of water shortage
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank renia_dyc
Fanny P, Guest Relations Manager at CHC Athina Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Mrs. Renia
Concerning your overnight in our hotel we would like to reply to your issues. Regarding above mentioned room numbers they are Sea View rooms and situated close to the lobby area with less stairs compared to other rooms. The main bar opens at 17:30 and is reasonable like in any bar, that the guests can drink and have fun during the operational hours in combination with our animation team. About breakfast there is a big variety provided in our restaurant and we do not have any issues to not offer enough to our guests. Besides, I would like to express the satisfaction concerning the meals from the daily feedback which we get from our clients. Regarding the champagne, in our description is written, that every Sunday morning there is Branch from 08:00 till 10:00 with local champagne and salmon and guests are looking forward to it. We are sorry to have not fulfilled your expectations, even for this overnight, and we are sure that we offer our hospitality and service in the best way.
Best Regards,
Fanny Patreli
Customer Service
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Me and my husband stayed on May 23-25. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and travelled around Crete. Two days spend in CHC Palace resort were the best days we spent, everything was just perfect. Very helpful staff at the reception, very good food, with big selection and everyday changing menu. We even had a champagne in the morning! Room was fantastic (we had 238), with a balcony with garden of flowers and amazing view to the sea and a bit of land. When we arrive we also found a complimentary bottle of wine, it was such a nice surprise :) Bed was comfortable, clean, room was very spacious. Although it was many people in the hotel, it was quiet at night and we slept very well. It was so many thing to do: we played outdoors tennis, went to the beach, relax at different swimming pools. Even walking around through the tunnels of hotel apartments and flowers was so beautiful, because hotel is located on the hill, therefore you can see many different levels and find nice short cuts to the beach or bar. We really felt like in heaven and wish we could stayed more, but we had further plans. We would recommend this hotel to all our friends, and start saving money for the next time to arrive with all family, and show them that there are some beautiful places in the world, where you can find relaxation, activities, sun, warm sea and good people, that makes it all very special.

Kind Regards,
J & A Stroliai

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jolita S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

the hotel for the annual conference.
From the start I was really excited by the hotel’s location which is just amazing and the views are so beautiful! The rooms are nice, spacious and clean, all rooms have the balcony with the table and chairs. I like the food very much, the buffet was varied with many different types of the food for any choice and it has homemade taste. Lots of fantastic deserts and fruits! So yummy! 

There are always lots of troubles with a large amount of people, but all the hotel’s managers were very professional and helpful assisting with any request. They always tried to do their best to satisfy the guests and to help me in any situation.
Guest relations managers Anna and Fanny are always at your disposal to help and to sort out any problem in a nice manner. Ricardo was just extra- helpful and attentive to the details while organizing the conference rooms and corporate events! He also was able to manage any problem or request. Aris, the reservations manager did the amazing job trying to help me in any trouble to clear the details and to satisfy everyone. Of course many other people were there helping with all arrangements for the group, restaurant staff did fantastic job organizing coffee breaks and group’s final event. So, everything was clear and professionally.

I would like to come back to the hotel for my own holiday and highly recommend that for your stay as well. I want to say my special THANK YOU to all you, my friends!!  I hope to be back soon! All the best to all of you!

Natalia, London.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Harthill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for a week in May for my Friends 25th Wedding Anniversary. There was 4 couples and our 5 year old Daughter. The Hotel is lovely, the rooms could do with a revamp. But the food and staff were amazing, especially George and Fanny. Fanny arranged a cake for us and booked the A La Carte restaurant for the night of our Friends anniversary. It was all great, they then let us use it again 2 days later for myself and my Husbands 3rd Anniversary. We would all highly recommend this Hotel and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had the best view ever, the Hotel is built on a cliff.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KFrewHarthill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hy, my name is Adrian and i am from UK , from York exactly i traveled with my family and it seem right that i write this review about the Athina Palace Resort, where i spent my 1 week holiday and had the opportunity to meet some very good people like Mario, Yanis and his wife Emanuela, and some others from the restaurant and reception like Kostas or the manager who is a very smart person and can help you in any situation. I would recommend the hotel for the staff primary and then for the food and the view which is breathtaking if you have a room with a good view! The animation team has a decent program and working mostly with the guests, the bingo night is a success mostly because of the presenter who can speak like 4, 5 languages and a very good presenter of the shows in general, and Mario is doing a fantastic job with the music and all the talking every day, giving good advice in any matter that he knows! I was happy in my holiday that's what i paid for and i got some good time, they could improve in some aspects but there are some strong aspects that let me a very positive impression and i would go back if have the chance only for the people there!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Sold to us as a 5 star hotel. This clearly was not. The hotel was geared up for heavy drinking and eating and didn't offer much else. The hotel website boasted of a mini bus to the nearby town of Agia Palagia but we were told on arrival that this wasn't running. Taxis to town were 15 euro each way so we felt rather stuck. Many of the staff clearly tried very hard but it was clear that they were overwhelmed at times. One of the front of house staff was particularly rude and unhelpful but otherwise I felt sorry for them more than anything else. The room was adequate but not 5 star. Plus side we hired a car and had a nice time touring the island. Sadly not very rested and I would warn anyone against this hotel unless you get it very very cheap and want to drink yourself silly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Aldemar Knossos Royal
Aldemar Knossos Royal
#9 of 174 in Hersonissos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,888 reviews

Been to CHC Athina Palace Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!