Panorama Village & Hotel
Spiros-Soula Family Hotel & Apartments(Agia Pelagia)(Great Value!)
$40
$36
Out of the Blue Capsis Elite Resort(Agia Pelagia)
$174
  • Pool
$120
$113
  • Breakfast included
Irida Apartments(Agia Pelagia)(Great Value!)
$52
$50
Andys Plaza(Agia Pelagia)(Great Value!)
$48
  • Bar/Lounge
Sea Side Resort & Spa(Agia Pelagia)
$186
$153
  • Pool
Happy Cretan Suites(Agia Pelagia)
$118
$107
Official Site
$162
$134
  • Breakfast included
Travelocity
Pela Mare Hotel(Agia Pelagia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,238 results
All reviewsfree busbad reviewsshop on sitefussy eaterfresh saladmain beachstunning viewscleaned dailymoussakainclusive barall inclusive foodagia pelagia beachend of the seasonfantastic holidayrelaxing breakariscosta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have just returned from a week in this Hotel 08/15 Oct. It was a family holiday with my daughter and grandsons. We had a wonderful time and we would go again.
We were late for the evening meal, but the staff were great and did provide us with a late supper. I cannot rave about the food and another week of the same would have been too much but there was plenty of choice and some of the dishes were delicious. We struggled to please the kids, apart from their daily jelly! To be fair, the bread was fresh and salads and cakes were very good.
We ate out at a local Taverna on the beach which was excellent. We visited two beaches, one was quieter and both were very clean. Luckily we had hired a car so we were able to avoid the steep walks back up to the hotel.
Our room was cleaned daily and due to the recent robberies, we paid for a safety deposit box for our peace of mind. We noticed that there were two men patrolling the Hotel grounds during most of the day and night for security. When we were suspicious of two males without wrist bands, the Hotel staff acted immediately and appropriately and told them to leave.
We had a large balcony and a fantastic sea view. Our bedding and towels were changed daily.
This was the first time the children had been abroad and we think that we made an excellent choice. They loved Mo the entertainer and the pool bar staff Charlene, Harris and Rocky. All the hotel staff worked hard, the pool bar staff in particular.
There was an incident one evening with some guests who had over consumed alcohol and did not take kindly to being requested, nicely, to stop behaving inappropriately in front of the children and other guests. The pool bar staff acted professionally and were supportive as were most of the other guests who were present. This was no place for lewdish behaviour, I would suggest another place in another country preferably to those particular guests...
We would definitely go again it is a perfect place for a family holiday and we would request the same room/block near Katerinas mini market because it was nice and peaceful in the late hours.
We met some lovely people and the whole atmosphere of the Hotel was very easy going and the children loved every minute of it.
I would not go as a couple or for a group holiday but it is perfect for a family.

Room Tip: we were in the 600 block, close enough to the pool and bar, but far enough to not be kept awake by the late night music etc.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Koukla2013
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week starting the 8th October 2013 with my two children and my mum. After reading the reviews before hand i have to admit I was slightly worried about what to expect but upon arrival all my fears disapeared. We arrived shortly before 9pm after a long day travelling and Dora at the reception immediately sent us to the restaurant to get some food even though at this time they had stopped serving.we enjoyed a lovely meal and then returned to reception to get our room key. I would advise to pay the extra for a family room with a sea view. the room was large clean and tidy with a beautiful big balcony and absolutely amazing views.

During our stay i found the staff to be flawless. They were friendly and considerate. Mohammed the entertainment guy was funny and attentive and fantastic with my kids. He always got everyone involved in the activities and made them fun for everyone given that there was a wide age range amongst the guests. Charlene and Aris who worked behind the bar are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. They work very hard and never complain always have a smile on there face and a friendly word and they make extremly tasty (strong) cocktails haha.

The food isnt great but i found that there was always something to eat. You have to remember that this is a 3* establishment so dont go expecting michalin star quisine. My youngest is very fussy with his food but he never went hungry and i particularly enjoyed the fresh salad that was served at mealtimes everyday a different chefs salad was prepared and never disapointed.

we got a safe for a room in relation to the burglaries we had heard about but it was only 20 euros as opposed to the 60 we had read about and we never had any trouble.

All in all i had a truly amazing holiday. I met some fantastic people and I have already priced up to go again next year. It was my childrens first holiday abroad and our first family holiday together and as it was close to the end of the season there werent many children there which mant they were very popular amongst the other guests and also the staff which really made there holiday special.

Room Tip: Family room with a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'm sure that i've been to the same hotel, at the same time, eaten the same food and stood at the bar with these complainers, but where are they coming from? Everyone I spoke to was having a great time and generally couldn't fathom out how it is possible to offer such facilities for what we paid for this holiday.
So you don't like Greek food, well, don't go to Greece then, go to Majorca if you want English type food abroad. The range of food choices, three times a day was staggering and if I have one complaint, it's not the food but the fussy people who have to select individual chips or grilled tomatoes or that particular piece of chicken and hold up the queue while they faff about choosing the nicest looking meat etc.
We heard about the robberies after a day or so, and the hotel worker we spoke to couldn't understand why the thieves cleaned the guests out completely, even taking clothes needing washing and the suitcases, I find that strange as well.
This was a brilliant late holiday, everything fell into place, helped by the entire staff, nothing is too much trouble to them, especially the bar staff (give them the odd Euro occasionally) and you'll be well looked after and you're in for a cracking week or two.
There's still time to get another weeks holiday here before the season ends and I just might re-appear there, this hotel has got to be the best value for money hotel in Crete.

Room Tip: book a sea-view room before you travel, away from the pool area, and if possible, a corner room, you;ll get the mountains on one side, the sea on the other.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank geoff b
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here in May of 2013 and liked it that much that we decided to return with some friends.
It was as good as we remembered it, our friends liked it too.
It outreaches its three star rating, everything about the place oozes Greek hospitallity, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
We arrived without luggage as Easyjet decided to take our case for a holiday of its own for two days, the hotel responded by sending a tray to our room with a bottle of wine,lots of fruit and water.
All the staff were very helpful,respectful and couldn't do enough for us.
Charlene and Harris who ran the night bar were, even when very busy, fantastic, a real asset to our holiday and to the hotel.
We will go back when we can afford, which won't be long at the all inclusive prices they ask,extremely reasonable indeed.

Room Tip: The west rooms have a morning view of the sun coming up over the ridge that is superb and we think these are the best rooms in the place, although we never heard a bad word about any of the other rooms either and most of them have a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Well all in all this was a lovely holiday! I went with my boyfriend in September, on arrival the man at the desk was quite rude and wasn't very informative, but we found our room quite easy! When arriving at our room it was on the ground floor so no balcony which I didn't like, I like somewhere to sit and have a drink after the night. So we switched rooms, this was €5 extra a night we i didn't think was too bad. The rooms are basic but it's only a room, it was quite clean so nothing to moan about there :) The views around the hotel are beautiful and just like the pictures I saw! Well around the hotel there isn't much, at all! The walk down to the beach is about 10-15 minutes, the walk up the massive hill is hard but after 2 weeks we got used to it, lol. The beach part of Agia Pelagia is lovely, we found some rocks to jump off into the sea so that was really fun and the restaurant are really nice and we did have a break from the hotel for some different food! We did travel out to a few different cities and went around the island which i would defiantly recommend! Some things I didn't like, I'm not fussy at all really but I didn't really like the staff they were quite rude and very dismissive of my boyfriend, their was the odd member of staff that really liked to help! The food is... Well food? After 2 weeks we were so happy to go get a pizza but as food goes, I've had worse! It was pretty much the same, but something's I really enjoyed. Even though we went in September it was quite busy so hard to find a sun-bed but you were never without for a long time. One thing that made the make-or-break for me was that in the space of 7 days 5 people got robbed!! Some people had been completely cleared out! This is not something I want to worry about on holiday, a few people would go check there rooms half way through the night! We did invest in a safe! This made me feel really unsafe and I couldn't relax at night! This was a lovely holiday and I've got some really good memories and I'm so glad I went, the value for money was so good, but there are just a few thing that have made me think "I'm glad I went, but I don't think I'll go again" I hope this helps and if you go, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it's all about what you make of it! Abbie :)

Room Tip: I think if you have a room, you shouldn't get one on the ground floor, due to unfortunate break-in's!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple