Just come back from 2 weeks and had a fabulous time.
We got there late at night and had booked a cheaper room (mountain view) and was immediately offered an upgrade by Dora on the desk (who I must say was very welcoming and helpful) at 5 euros per night so 70 euros got us this amazing sea view and huge family room right next to the main pool.
Food was absolutely brilliant, the choice was unlimited, all the basics at every meal and however much you wanted. There was never a day where we couldn't find anything that we fancied.
Maid came in 13 days out of the 14 so no complaints there, towels and sheets changed regularly.
Brilliant shuttle service to the beach leaving the hotel at 9am and 10am and returning at 3pm and 6pm saves the 10 min walk up a steep hill in the sweltering heat.
Bus service once a day into Heraklion only cost 6 euros per person return best day to go is Saturday as they have a huge market bus leaves hotel 10.15 and choice of 2 returns one at 2.15 or 5.15 if you want to make a day of it. Was great day out .
Cash point down in Agia Pelagia just off the beach which was handy.
Nice walk down to the quieter beach of Ligaria but again really steep hill to get back up, definitely worth the walk.
Staff really helpful and very friendly, all types of entertainment going on at different times of the day and evenings, water polo, aqua aerobics, French boules etc and a great greek night once a week on top of all the rest of the entertainment as well.
Bar staff really quick and efficient, when there was a queue they served very quickly so you didn't wait too long.
Waitresses in the dining room continually clearing tables so to ensure clean free tables at all times, they worked really hard.
All in all we had a fabulous chilled out holiday would definitely recommend if you looking for a quiet break in a stunning location away from the main towns and all the noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel & Village Panorama is located in the Heraklion prefecture of Crete, in the village of Agia Pelagia since 1983, just 18km away from Heraklion town. The Hotel & Village Panorama is built amphitheatrically on a hill of distinctivenatural beauty between the bays of Agia Pelagia and Lygaria, forming a unique panoramic and sunrise view of the Mediterranean Sea. The Hotel & Village Panorama is the ideal destination for those seeking both relaxation and enjoyable holidays in Crete especially for couples and families. Useful Location 1 kilometer from the coastal town of Agia Pelagia with all water sports (available with extra charge) 0.6 kilometer from Lygaria coast - a closed and well protected from the winds with coarse sand and turquoise calm waters 4 kilometers away from Psaromoura coast 5 kilometers away from Mononaftis coast 18 kilometers away from Heraklion 60 kilometers away from Old centre of Rethymnon 120 kilometers away from Old centre of Chania 81 kilometers away from Agios Nikolaos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Panorama Village & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Panorama Crete
- Hotel Village Panorama
- Village Panorama Agia Pelagia
- Panorama Village & Hotel Crete/Agia Pelagia