Travelled here in the summer of 2012 as part of a package holiday and was a bit concerned beforehand given some poor reviews and videos I had seen online. Let's dispel that myth, the place isn't so bad! Ok, there were some bad points but for the budget price you have to lower your expectations a bit. There was some slight mixup at check-in when the receptionist to give us an internal room but as soon as I explained that we had paid for the sea view she immediately double checked, rectified the error and apologised. Maybe because of the slight error, we were pleasantly surprised to have a balcony with perhaps the best view possible, surprised given that we booked our holiday only a few days before leaving so I expected the sea view to be a slither of a view through a gap between buildings.
Ok to the main stuff.
Positives: Room was clean, airy, with aircon incl. in the cost of our holiday. Room cleaned daily. Service. Friendly staff throughout the hotel always willing to help with our queries. Got a great deal on car rental with the hotel which worked out cheaper than anywhere else in the area. Location was great, 10 min downhill walk to the small local beach and town with plenty of seaside bars restaurants to choose from. I recommend visiting Mouragio, one of the first restaurants on the strip, great service and food.
Negatives: No shower curtain and poor drainage in shower room leading to wet floor and a bit of a mess each time we used it. Queue system at the bar could be done better, last all incl. orders were at 10pm and this caused a mad rush to the bar so you had to wait around 15-20 mins to be served.
The food was fine, most of it was tasty enough but it was all very much the same from day to day. A bit more variety would have been nice.
Overall, it was a budget trip and we were very happy with the hotel and it's service. Would happily return !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel & Village Panorama is located in the Heraklion prefecture of Crete, in the village of Agia Pelagia since 1983, just 18km away from Heraklion town. The Hotel & Village Panorama is built amphitheatrically on a hill of distinctivenatural beauty between the bays of Agia Pelagia and Lygaria, forming a unique panoramic and sunrise view of the Mediterranean Sea. The Hotel & Village Panorama is the ideal destination for those seeking both relaxation and enjoyable holidays in Crete especially for couples and families. Useful Location 1 kilometer from the coastal town of Agia Pelagia with all water sports (available with extra charge) 0.6 kilometer from Lygaria coast - a closed and well protected from the winds with coarse sand and turquoise calm waters 4 kilometers away from Psaromoura coast 5 kilometers away from Mononaftis coast 18 kilometers away from Heraklion 60 kilometers away from Old centre of Rethymnon 120 kilometers away from Old centre of Chania 81 kilometers away from Agios Nikolaos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Panorama Village & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Panorama Crete
- Hotel Village Panorama
- Village Panorama Agia Pelagia
- Panorama Village & Hotel Crete/Agia Pelagia