2,443 results
All reviewschinese restaurantshared pooladult poolmain restaurantanimation teampelagos barpool bara la carte restaurantslower poolwater and soft drinkspizzafamily poolgolf buggyreception staffsuperior roomrelaxing holidaysalt water
Reviewed June 4, 2015

My partner and I stayed at Sea Side in May 2015, for 10 nights. From the outset the staff were typically Greek; very friendly, welcoming and couldn't do enough to welcome us to the hotel. The hotel has stunning views and is located along the cliff edge - I would recommend choosing a 'sea view' room as waking up to this view each morning is really incredible.
The hotel is situated approx. 5 mins walk down to the beach (although a fairly small beach) and a 20 mins ish walk into Agia Palagia where there are shops, restaurants along the beach, cocktail bars etc. The hotel put on regular shuttles into Heraklion town centre, although return quite early so to rent a car is best and it is around a 50 minute drive from the hotel to the town - Heraklion is very lively and has lots to do for all!
In terms of All-Inclusive, the hotel's food was really great and each night had a different theme, with a chef on site preparing meats, cooking pasta's fresh etc. each night. During the day refreshments were constantly made available and, again, the staff extremely friendly and approachable.
The only draw-back (for a young couple) was the evening entertainment. Due to the location, evenings are limited to the resort and the entertainment provided by the events team was not the best. The fitness centre was also quite small too, not that this affected our stay. However, on the whole we had an enjoyable relaxing time.

Room Tip: Sea-View rooms are the best and will be closer to the pool and restaurant areas.
1  Thank James C
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Side Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2015

Dear James

We would like to thank you for all your nice comments and for your time to share your experience.
We are very glad to see that you remained satisfied from your stay and you enjoyed your holidays.
Apart the magnificent location of the hotel, our aim is to improve daily our offered service and that is why your feedback is highly appreciated, it always help us to provide you an unforgettable accommodation.

We are looking forward to welcome you once again soon.
Warm regards and greetings from Crete.

Reviewed June 4, 2015

Traveling from the US, and never having been to Crete, we were a bit challenged picking a hotel based from just online reviews and pictures. Having spent a few days here now, I can assure you the Sea Side Resort is as good, or better, than it looks online.

I travel a lot internationally, and in the US for work, and have had my share if surprises and disappointment opening a hotel room door for the first time. This was a winner, as our "Junior Suite with a sea view" looked just like the pictures online PLUS a direct sea view from the front door to the balcony. Our room (#79) even has an island on the horizon to top it off.

The public areas of the hotel are spread nicely around and there isn't the feel of being at a large property. Service was excellent from the front desk to the restaurants to the housekeeping staff.

We don't typically chose the all inclusive option, but it was offered in the air/room package, so we figured "why not". The convenience of not having to drive to restaurants offsite (a car is needed to do so) proved to be a smart choice. The food options changed daily and the quality was very good.

My only complaint is the lack of English TV channels (just BBC news), but given there seemed to be a majority of Germans while we were here, I guess it makes sense.

All in all this has been an exeptional experience, we'd come back again and would recommend it highly to our friends. We have a few days left on our stay and will be sad to leave.

Room Tip: Reserve a room with a full sea view if you can, it's worth any extra cost. Try to get an east facing room, the west side is pretty breezy.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Side Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2015

Dear David

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcome you once again soon.

Warm regards and greetings from Crete.

Reviewed June 1, 2015

I stayed here for a week in May with my partner. We booked a deal via Travelzoo and consequently got a great price, but I would have happily paid full price for this hotel.
About 20 mins from Herklion airport by taxi, it is set near a sleepy little village and is very quiet. There is a daily bus to Heraklion and a small village approximately 25 mins walk away but generally it is quite isolated. The views are to die for. Absolutely stunning. The hotel is built over multiple levels into the cliff face and there are a lot of hills / steps but its worth it for the views.
Hotel facilities are great. Rooms cleaned daily, even Sunday. Very spacious comfortable rooms and we have a shared pool with the few apartments next door.Had great nights sleep, it's very quiet here and the air conditioning kept us cool. Mini bar included in the all inclusive but no alcohol in here.
Many people had their own pools and as such the main pools did not get too busy. The pools were very cold though as it was early in the season.
The food in the hotel was plentiful and varied and of very good quality. Couldn't fault it. The Chinese restaurant on site was ok, but don't worry if you can't make it - it's not the best. Confused as to why they struggled to fit us in when it was empty most nights though.
The staff were fantastic, very friendly and couldn't fault them. Reception however was a bit slow.
There is a tiny beach next to the hotel with a couple of bars, a supermarket and a taverna or two, but it's worth crossing the beach, going up the steps the other side and through the grounds of the hotel opposite. Follow this track / path for about 20 mins and you get to the beach in Agia Pelagia with more bars, shops and restaurants. It's lovely there.
Overall, a brilliant holiday. We didn't want to leave and would happily go back. A great holiday for couples looking for a romantic week away.

Room Tip: Book a sea view - it's worth it.
4  Thank Helen W
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Side Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2015

Dear Guests,

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests had a pleasant stay and they would like to return back. We would like to thank you for sharing your experience and for your time to write this review.

Warm regards and greetings from Crete

Reviewed May 31, 2015

After a 15 hour long day arrived at the hotel in the evening do not expect food when the restaurant is closed there was nothing laid on which I think is a bad oversight so now chaos begins despite only being two other couples and ourselves booking in you would think the masses had descended no organisation what's so ever when it eventually came to our booking we were told we had no lighting in our room as it had all gone down yet in the hotel there was lighting so I was confused maybe seperate generators there upon I was told to get a coffee and someone would come when the lighting was back on how long no one knows so after a long wait I asked to be taken to our room in the dark got to our room put the fob in and the lights went on annoyed yes to say the least so by now not a good start we had booked a Superior Sea View room in the dark I could make out there was no sea view the top of the restaurant very visible early the next morning yes a restaurant roof so we went to reception and explained our circumstances and were told by a room would be available by 6 o clock with a sea view what we had paid for thank you to the amazing Dennis an asset to his company thoroughly helpful through and through but no offer of free spas or any form of compensation which other couples had been offered so many people complaining about the room mix ups seems to be a common mishap of overbooking but once you are settled it is in a beautiful location if you want nothing to do expect chill and you will need to as the area is up on top of a hill you need to be pretty active so not for peoples with walking difficulties we were at the very top of the hotel which is a mighty walk to say the least .

Staff in Pegausus bar fantastic Alexandra to name one and the lady at the hot buffet in the pool bar both smiley and cheery the bar of the evening another smily happy lady and the guy at the Thallassos bar always helpful .

Restaurant manager always shook my partners hand and seemed keen to help waiting staff seemed very rushed at times did feel sorry for them would suggest management should maybe walk a day in their shoes from what I had seen always keen to point things out to staff if tables were not set up immediately they only have one pair of hands.

Cleaning a lot to be desired we mentioned to our cleaning lady we slept on top of the bed as it was warm our sheets changed once in two weeks we actually took pictures of the fluff and dust accumulated under the bed the spare bed which I add no one had slept on had marks of some sort on the pillowcase red in colour our balcony not touched once or outside table or ashtray just as well we do not smoke in my opinion I think some days the cleaner just flicked over the floor and bedding such a shame we always tip for good service not this time.

Food is the plentiful and lots of it breakfast is ok have had better I myself do not eat meat so mainly had vegetables salads an random fish battered for myself average have had better in other places there is theme nights Creten, Fish, Italian etc ....Chinese restaurant is very rushed through courses and the guy is only happy if you buy wine.

WiFi very hit and miss .

Thallassos pool beautiful stunning location quieter on lower level .

My experience of my holiday overall .
Beautiful location if you want a chilled holiday go for this if you fancy a pool location.

Service hit and miss one thing I would like to know is the coffee in the morning was not to my taste and was rarely hot was going to question this the staff only have very limited English so no point plus as I mentioned staff seemed very rushed out of all the hotel staff they have it the hardest I did feel extremely sorry for these guys I hope they take on extra staff to relieve their pressure or maybe management get hands on in the busier months .

Feel I have to mention lots of woodlice in the evening accumulating on the stairs leading up to our room and at times odd one in the room these are not cockroaches as stated in some reviews but this is expected in humid hot climates so do not be freaked thinking these are cockroaches they are not and their friendly : )

As I mentioned cleaning has a lot to be desired from what I seen made the bed not changed it two weeks emptied 1 bin daily cleaned toilet, shower ,mopped lightly not cleaned patio or table in 2 weeks I know this because of dust crumbs accumulating outside and bits in ashtray filled up tea coffee milks I do feel if we had tipped would have got a better service but we always leave this to the end of the holiday .

One major plus Dennis he is an assets to CHC always helpful cheery pleasant hope they appreciate this guy he should get a pay rise the amount of people he has dealings with and quickly resolves their problems.

Would I return no .....
Lots of walking on nearly every level this would be a great boot camp a standing joke in work for me at the moment I have come home exhausted this is mentioned steep hills steps but you do not realize till you get there and I would like to have changed rooms again though we did think about it but it would of been our third room .

You can see if has lots of winning reviews and this was our experience and they all differ but it is not for me if chilling and location is for you go for it every time .

Room Tip: Sea view rooms in the 300s
5  Thank Catttopps

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
We apologize for all the inconvenience you had in our hotel during your stay.
We are very surprised for the housekeeping issues and we assure you, what you experienced is certainly not typical. We will look into and we will inform housekeeping department about all issues you have shared with us.
We apologize also for any inconvenience you had with your room. We just want to specify that the room you had on the first day was according to your reservation, Superior Sea View. We have different sea views, but be sure that are always willing to search for a room that is more convenient to our guests.
We are very happy that you liked our location. Located in a unique setting, the hotel offers breathtaking sea views which can be enjoyed from all the sitting areas and from majority rooms. We are glad that you noted the kindness and professionalism of our staff. Thank you very much for the nice compliments to them, and of course we will pass your kind words to our employees.

Best regards from CHC Sea Side Resort & Spa

Reviewed May 30, 2015 via mobile

Hi we stayed at seaside lovely hotel with fantastic views staff have lovely service animation team very friendly and made us feel very welcome. Defiantly recommend for couples will go back soon only thing can fault on hotel has lots of flys and bugs

Miss taylor

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Side Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2015

Dear Miss Taylor

We would like to thank for your time to write this review and for your all positive comments.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your holidays and you had a good time during your stay.
As you can understand the hotel is located to a very nice quiet area in the nature, despite our regular disinfestation procedures, is not always possible to totally avoid having any living creatures in our premises.
We thank you once more for choosing CHC Sea Side Resort & Spa and we
are looking forward to welcome you once again soon.
Warm regards and greetings from Crete