From the moment I booked this holiday, my family and I were very much looking foward to it after reading the previous trip advisor reviews. Also the hotels own website showed very impressive photographs. We were so excited. However, I am very dissapointed in having to only give his hotel a 3/5.
* Oustanding location and just the most amazing views from every angle
* Comfortable rooms
* Lovely pizza's and snacks lunch time at the Pelagos pool
* Fun animation team
* Close to a shingle beach with a small selection of bars/restaurants
* Nice pool areas
* Guaranteed sunshine
* Food is rarely hot and selection is inadequate for a 5* hotel. Much of it is the same with a couple of changes daily
* Limited fresh fruit available, generally tinned or sliced oranges/melon only.
* Constantly at Breakfast, there was a queue for the fresh orange juice (where 1 jug was brought out at a time)
* Although generally the staff including the animation team work hard, there is not enough of them to cater for 700 plus guests, particulary at peak times
* No money exchange facility available in the hotel. We needed to exchange sterling and I asked at reception for assistance. I was advised to go to a bank in Heraklion. However, on speaking to a waiter at Stelios's restaurant on the beach (which is excellent), we found out the Blue Bay Hotel opposite exchanges money for you.
* The water in your shower can fluctuate between hot and cold if using at peak times
* The air conditioning unit is very slow to get the required temperature. Always ask for a second room card so you can leave the air conditioning on when out of the room
* No menus were available for the 2 'pay' restaurants on site unless you ask. Would have been nice to ponder over them during the course of the holiday.This is not 5*!
* We found the quality of the food in the chinese restaurant very poor. Again poor to other 5 star hotels we have stayed in.
To sum up, if you manage to secure a good deal i.e £700 per person er less for a fortnight and you are planning to eat out a few nights each week, the location i.e views are oustanding and are worth paying for. Fortunately, we planned to eat out a number of times during the holiday and were not restricted to the hotel 24/7. After speaking to returning guests,who had mixed reviews of the hotel on their return, it appears that the hotels standards have dropped over the last couple of years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Side Resort & Spa is one of the best hotels in Crete; it combines affordable holidays in luxurious settings, natural gardens, all under the sea breeze of the Aegean Sea. Friendly staff, great accommodation, attention to detail; all these ensure a memorable holiday to all of our guests. Sea Side Resort & Spa is a great way to spend your Greek holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sea Side Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Side Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Sea Side Resort And Spa
- Sensimar Sea Side Hotel
- Sea Side Resort & Spa Crete/Agia Pelagia