“memorable stay”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Landstuhl
Strongsville, Ohio
“memorable stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just want to write a review of the Hotel Pfaelzer - Stuben in Landstuhl , Germany. I read about this hotel and the reviews on travelzoo. I stayed there for 4 night while visiting my son who is station at the medical center in Landstuhl. This was the closes hotel to the Army medical center.

You will not find the hotel listed in any of the big hotel booking services. You have to make reservation with the owner directly. I was a bit nervous. I did not want to send my credit info in an e-mail, I need to know the room would be held for me. I wrote them several time to them via e-mail at pfaelzerstuben1@yahoo. I always got a response. They assured me I would have a room waiting me and could pay when I arrived.

The experience was more like staying at a B&B, more personal than a hotel . You get to know the host family well. Gabby and Gerhardt were very welcoming. They took the time to provide us with travel ideas, offered a map and even offered to take us to the castle in Landstuhl. The room was cleaned daily. The beds were comfortable. The restaurant down stairs offered a very good and reasonable pizza. We were greeted every morning with coffee, orange juice, yogurt , breads , thin sliced meat, cheese and jams. They extended breakfast to our son every morning so he could spend time with us.

If you find your way to the Landstuhl/Ramstein this is the place to stay. Thanks again Gabby and Gerhardt for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 19Laura2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently stayed here for 9 days while visiting family at the Medical Center. The convenience of the location of the hotel and entrance of the medical center is great, just across the street and a short walk. Gabby was a delight every morning for breakfast, pancakes and French toast were my favorite, absolutely delicious. Restaurant downstairs was also delicious, pleasant, and attentive. Everyone did speak English which was a plus, when you don't speak German. Only downside was there was construction going on down the road and could here the passing vehicles, but other than that it was a pleasure to stay here for my first trip out of the U.S.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 8 nights while visiting family from the base. Gabby & Gerhardt were excellent hosts. The room was clean and comfortable and Gabby's breakfast's were wonderful. We were even allowed to have our granddaughter over early in the morning to visit and have breakfast with us. The restaurant downstairs was also outstanding. The food was all freshly prepared and the owners made you feel like family. An outstanding value and a great location if you're staying in the Landstuhl/Ramstein area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great value, great breakfast (wife LOVED her French toast), and easy walk to Medical Center. Might not be your place if you are looking to get up late (breakfast 7-9) or lounge around. (housekeeper wants in 9ish). Also some construction going on next door and can easily hear coming and going in the hallway. So basically not your place if you want to sleep in. But very quiet all night until 7am. So let's say 5 star if here on hospital business...4 star if here on vacation. Also there is a very good restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank neruda11
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the Pfaelzer Stuben Hotel for over a week and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and friendly staff. The bed and breakfast location was perfect for me right behind the base near the hospital. It was a 5-7 minute walk to the Landstuhl Hospital on base. The breakfast was excellent! Homemade elderberry jelly, outstanding French toast, fresh deli meats & cheeses were all very delicious. I stayed in the smaller room that included a shower (no bathtub), small tv, desk, single bed, refrigerator. There was no microwave in the room, however, there is a nice Italian restaurant downstairs and an Asian restaurant across the street. I was able to obtain a VAT tax discount on base that saved me $. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank GlobetrotCircaEQ
Lake Arrowhead, California, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My sister and I just returned to California from our journey back in time to connect with family history in Rheinland, Pflaz. Ours dates back to the year 1644 in Offenbach an der Quiech which is a short hop from Gabby and Gerhardt's wonderful Pfaelzer Stuben. Upon our arriving in Landstuhl, at what would become "home base" for us, we quickly realized we had found family of a different kind... Our hosts were beyond accommodating... G & G welcomed us with open arms (and a kiss..) and, immediately, we felt at home... Words can't convey how pleased we were to make Pfaelzer Stuben our home away from home. For 14 glorious days, G&G would send us off well fed with wide smiles, a few chuckles, a lot of valuable information, and away we would go only to return in the evening to our pristine rooms (with accolades to Jasmine, who kept our accommodations spotless). Final good byes were just as reassuring as our initial welcome... Because we know we'll be back... Families are like that...

Room Tip: Leave it in Gabriele and Gerhardt's able hands....