“Service above and beyond expectations!”

Schloss Hotel Landstuhl
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Landstuhl
Cary, North Carolina
“Service above and beyond expectations!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here for one night after arriving at nearby Ramstein Air Base in October 2013 and was pleasantly surprised at the hotel itself, the excellent dining and the tremendous service I was given. The hotel and my room were spotless and had everything I needed including a compact but modern and efficient bathroom. The staff were exceptionally helpful, spoke good English ( one WAS English) and served with a smile. They were most helpful in assisting with my travel needs, booking cabs and making phone calls (in German, of course) for me. The restaurant was lovely, wonderful food and excellent service. I wish I had been able to stay more than one night! The view from my room was lovely. The hotel appearance was a bit deceptive- it is an old world looking hostel from the outside, window boxes with geraniums, lots of exposed timber beams, etc., but it is very modern with all the conveniences a 21st century traveler would hope for and still retaining the ambiance of the more leisurely past. The elevator was a great help as I have trouble with stairs, and not all European hotels have them. Thank you for a lovely visit, staff of the Schlosshotel Landstuhl!

Room Tip: I did not visit the Spa, which was closed for renovation, but if it is anything like the rest of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank AFXjag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bagram, Afghanistan
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went on R&R to visit my son and hus new wife. I found the hotel, restraunt, and staff to be exceptional! They, the staff, were always willing to help and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. I will highly recommend this hotel to those I know headed to the area! Many thanks!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank forrrestgump
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Thankfully there are signs in the town that lead you to this hotel - otherwise you'd never think to drive up the winding road that is marked with a sign that makes you think you can't drive up to it. The hotel is literally right below the castle (which is a nice attraction). There is usually at least one person on staff either at the front desk or in the restaurant that can speak English, but know that many of the restaurant staff do not (speak English). Knowing some basic German is helpful (at least know the niceties such as various greetings, please and thank you, and a few words to help you order food/ask for what you need/ask for someone that can speak English to help you). The room was spacious for a European hotel. Loved the doors that can open up as doors to a private mini balcony or tilt back as windows to let in fresh air. Wish the wifi had been free. The TV does have CNN in English. The restaurant is very good. The soups were fantastic and the fish was great. The breakfast was superb. Lots of breads, fruits, yogurts, cereals, juices, eggs, etc. to choose from. They bring you a pot of coffee to your table once you sit down. My only complaint is that the building isn't very soundproof. We heard pounding until late into the night and it started up again early in the morning. After a few nights, we realized it was simply the people in the rooms above us (two parents and three kids). They weren't intentionally stomping or anything - just walking around - but it sounded like pounding. We could also hear a baby crying two doors down from us. The locks are tricky but once you figure out which way to turn it you'll be fine. If you turn it the wrong way you will just keep turning and turning and turning it and never get it unlocked.

Room Tip: Perhaps the top floor would be quieter. I don't know this for sure, but I know that having a flo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DenverMLK
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The location is great and the service is friendly. The hotel is clean and well maintained. However, the restaurant needs to up their game a bit. They need to keep the salad bar stocked and a strong variety available. They should also spend a bit more money on some higher quality items. For instance, there should be smoked salmon daily not nice in a while. The food was also slow arriving two of our three day visit. At the end of the day, I would easily stay here again.. If I couldn't find better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wenietos
Amsterdam
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel prides itself on "superior" quality, but I did not manage to find it.
The breakfast was the only good thing, ok, the location was not too bad, but not spectacular.

A very small room, facilities that were from the 70's (even though they claim to have done a full remake in the 90's), no airconditioning, paying for wifi (seriously, who still does that?), overpriced restaurant (around 50% more expensive than food at the castle which is not cheap to begin with).

I walked to the hotel from the trainstation. They could have mentioned it involves a VERY steep climb of about 400 meters, I would have taken a taxi instead.

Worst of all: upon arrival there is a note in the room saying the saying and gym are undergoing maintenance. Until the end of September. They "forgot" to mention this when I booked....

Bad experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Landstuhl hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Location: It is located above the city, right below the castle. It has a very peaceful and scenic setting, it even has a small water fall. One great perk is Landstuhl’s Nordic walking trail begins right off of the parking lot. There are three different routes, from 3 to 7+ miles, of quite beautiful trails with beautiful views of the city below. You can get a map at the front desk.

Room: The room was clean but little tight, typical European style. The bathroom was ok but the shower was VERY small. My husband is 6’4” and couldn’t bend down to pick up his shampoo of the floor. He would have to open the doors but then the water would get all over the floor. He could barely turnaround inside the shower. There was a nice balcony with an umbrella to sit outside and enjoy your lush setting.

Breakfast/Restaurant: There was a lovely breakfast served every morning. Hot: eggs, bacon, sausage; Cold: meats, cheese, vegetables, fruit, yogurt; Breads: tons of different breads and pastries as well as great spreads; Drinks: Coffee and tea.

The restaurant during lunch and dinner was very good. You can sit out on the terrace and soak up the sun while listening to the birds. (Unfortunately we heard jackhammering our whole stay…see below.) We had many meals there and the food was good except for the saltimbocca, which was very dry and had a gamy taste. The salad bar was nice but it was covered with flies and some of the stuff you could tell has been sitting out there all day so stick to the stuff on ice. You have to try the ice cream sundaes, they have tons of different kinds and all were YUMMY!

CONSTURCTION: During our stay they were renovating the wellness center. Which I sure will be lovely once done but we were woken up every morning to a jackhammer and hammering which continued ALL DAY long. It was very disturbing and ruined the peaceful setting. We were disappointed because there was no mention of the construction on Expedia or an email sent prior to check in. We would NOT have stayed if we knew this was going to be happen.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a balcony looking over the lawn and trees.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deelovnco
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I LOVED this hotel!!! My wife and I stayed there for a week in June 2012 for an immersion through Germany and France. Our room was very clean and had a balcony view of the lovely trees and the open courtyard.... Every morning we would open the balcony door and listen to the birds and smell the fresh air. The small town at the bottom of the hill was very friendly. I think we ate at every eatery there. We will definitely be back to visit!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Dee M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landstuhl
Oelmuehle Hotel-Restaurant
Pfaelzer Stuben
Pfaelzer Stuben
#6 of 6 in Landstuhl
Hotel Cafe Konditorei Goldinger

Been to Schloss Hotel Landstuhl? Share your experiences!