“Twice in 2 days”

Orchidee Bistro
Ranked #21 of 56 Restaurants in Landstuhl
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I discovered this Thai/Vietnamese restaurant with a colleague last year and had a great eating experience so when I knew that I had to return to Landstuhl, the chance to repeat the experience was high on my list. The seating area is very simple, almost spartan, but the welcome is warm and sincere and the food is both generous and very tasty. Although a number of items are deep fried they are not greasy. The roast duck and vegetables appeared to be two sliced duck breasts on a bed of oriental vegetables with a gravy. The boiled rice comes in a separate dish. Every flavour was evident and the duck was beautifully cooked meat with crispy skin and I didn't have to wait long, either. Such is its appeal, I returned the 2nd night and had the king prawns on vegetables which, again, was generous portioning, well cooked, nicely presented and very tasty. Orchidee is already on my list again of things I must do when visiting Landstuhl!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Enjoyable Thai dinner freshly prepared using natural ingredients. Soups and curries will definitely bring us back again! Don't be put off by the simple exterior...inside is very charming and the welcome is warm and sincere.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I go here often. The food is fantastic- lots of choices from curries to pho. The duck is our favorite. The service is great and the servers/owners very friendly. The summer rolls are also delish.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

They are open for lunch and dinner and the food is excellent. The lunch menu is diverse and very affordable and the dinner menu includes vietnamese and thai dishes. The food can be carried out or eaten in the restaurant. I definitely will return when the opportunity exists.

1  Thank foodlovertx
Reviewed April 24, 2012

For years we've been coming to this restaurant, and almost invariably order the Thai chicken soup. We've tried to duplicate it at home and can't - it's delicious! The menu is a mix of traditional Thai/Chinese/Vietnamese dishes, with the pad thai noodles being a standout for me also. They're very fast with the service and it's usually crowded. Definitely recommend it.