“Good located hotel”

City Park Hotel
Hamburg
“Good located hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed now several times in the City Park Hotel and here are my thoughts about it:

+ Very well located in Frankfurt Oder. Close to Poland and not far from the train station.
+ Rooms are very clean.
+ Breakfast is good.
+ Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly.
+ Front desk is 24 hours available.

° Breakfast staff is okay.

- WLAN is ridiculous expensive!

Room Tip: The rooms which are not located at the main street are much more quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Turku, Finland
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here for four nights on a work trip. The hotel staff are friendly and the rooms clean. However the decor, fixtures etc. are a bit dated. The breakfast was ok and sufficient although a bit more variety would have been appreciated. The wi-fi access was very expensive considering that it did not even work very well. One would expect to get such service free of charge these days. The hotel is within walking distance of the main attractions as well as the bridge over to Poland, so the location is good.
An ok place to stay, but I would recommend having a look at the other hotels in the area as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mailtand, FL
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here on a multi-day bicycling trip because the Hotel Zur Alten Oder was booked full. The location is good and an easy walk to the main sights. For a large hotel, we were surprised to have to pay for internet wi-fi access. There is a covered parking area for bicycles but it is the parking garage (not a secure room). Breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maitlander
Lochristi, Belgium
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed there just for one night, and the hotel was regular. However, the kindness of the staff made me not feel badly about. I would not stay longer then one night, but could suggest the hotel for family with children on a holyday for a fair price / fair lodging.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

It is a good hotel with no negative to say.
The locations is close to Oderturm and city center. You can easily walk over the bridge to Poland. I bought 120 minutes WIFI use for 5 EUR and for some reason I could not split the use over more days. Next day I had to buy new WIFI use. Maybe it is normal in Germany, but normally you can use it for your whole stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Henrik Z
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel for a few reasons which are;
Promise of free internet turned out to be the use of a single PC in the lobby which was always busy and I wanted to work from the hotel during my business trip which was not practical to sit in the lobby. You could get WiFi but at a rediculous fee.
The shabby room was tiny and in the loft and with no air-con was far too hot to sleep. The room stank of stale tobacco. I am actually a smoker but I didn't think that smoking was permitted in hotels anymore and would never smoke in my room anyway.
The bath towel was actually a hand towel and must have been almost as old as the original building.
The breakfast was a buffet served from 06:00 -10:00 which was very good however during my breakfast I had to make a call and when I returned I was told I couldn't have a second breakfast.
The hotel had no facilities like swimming pool, gym etc

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Justin B

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt (Oder) hotels

Gorlitz, Germany
Reviewed August 26, 2011

It was a pretty normal hotel room, on the top floor. As such I liked it, not very much space though. And unfortunately there was no air cooling in the room only a fan on the floor. It was pretty warm as I was there, and not being able to cool down the room is not so good. I used their parking garage, which you have to pay for, but they didn't charge me for it as I left. I am not a big fan of this City, and as such I have no Idea how this hotel is situated. It is not to far from the border to Poland. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the bridge crossing over. there are quite a few shops nearby, and a big general store. I found that the lack of restaurants in the area was not ideal for me, although they do have, what looks like a very nice restaurant at the Hotel. The staff were very friendly and nice. I didn't select or pay for this hotel myself. But despite the negative things, which weren't that serious, I think this is an ok Hotel to stay at.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt (Oder)
Hotel City Residence
Hotel City Residence
#1 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Palais am Kleistpark
Palais am Kleistpark
#4 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Hotel Zur Alten Oder
Hotel Zur Alten Oder
#3 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Gasthof Goldener Hahn
Gasthof Goldener Hahn
#2 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Hotel am Schloss
Hotel am Schloss
#6 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Hotel Relax
Hotel Relax
#3 of 4 in Slubice

Been to City Park Hotel? Share your experiences!