“Perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lohr am Main
Istanbul, Turkey
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

really nice hotel for both business or leisure. Its on the hill that watches the town inside the forest. The rooms are huge and new. Everything is in its right place. Nothing to blame at all.

You should enjoy the terrace restaurant of the hotel. Nice food and very good atmosphere. Its peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Freiburg
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Just came back for a two night, three day conference trip at Hotel Franzikushoehe. This hotel is located within the forests of Lohr am Main. Receptionists were very friendly. The room, upon entry, felt like sauna because all the curtains were opened and there was no A/C in the room or the hotel as a whole. Cleanliness was overall good, however, I did find a crawling insect next to the bathroom but being in the forests and having the necessity of open windows to get some kind of air, I guess one can expect a couple of insects here and there. The bathroom was clean, however, the shower stall was too small. The hotel provides a shampoo dispenser which in my opinion brings down the quality of the hotel. I believe that 4 star hotels should, at least, provide you with separate bottles of shampoo / conditioner and not through an all-use liquid soap. We had dinner the first night as well as breakfast and lunch the folllowing days at the restaurant. The ambiance was quite nice with spectacular views of the city and the forests. However, the meal menus at lunch and dinner was very very poor in terms of quality and taste. Breakfast, on the contrary, was delicious and filling (buffet).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, however, I would say that it is definitely not a 4 star hotel and would say its a 2.5 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank NakaNiko
Ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stayed at the Franziskushohe from the 5th August until the 9th August 2009. I booked a double room with breakfast on the hotels own website. On arrival at the hotel I presented my booking documents to the hotel receptionist. Strangely I was aked did I want to pay for the booking immediately. I have stayed at many hotels throughout the world and this was the first time I was ever asked this question. My nephew who was accompanying me however agreed to pay on arrival and the receptionist then asked for 420 euros.
I explained to the receptionist that the agreed price at the time of booking was 293 euros.The receptionist repeated that the charge was 420 euros. I then referred her to the booking documents which showed the price to be 293 euros. After further reference to the computer she finally accepted that the price was in fact 293 euros and apologised for calling up an incorrect booking. This was despite the fact of being provided with all the booking documentation.
Next day we went for breakfast and upon leaving the dining room the waitress asked me to sign a slip of paper. The document was written in German. I am not a German speaker and was unsure what I had signed. The following day however the waitress asked me to sign again. I immediately asked her what it was for and she explained that my booking didnt include breakfast and that I would have to pay separately for this service. I explained to her that my booking included breakfast.
The waitress then rang reception and reception told the waitress that I must pay for breakfast as my booking did not include breakfast. The waitress then said that I should go to reception and explain my position.
This I duly did. On duty was the same receptionist who had made a mess of my original booking.
I explained to her that my booking included breakfast she repeated that it did not. Once more I produced my documentation which showed that breakfast was included. Again after referring to the computer for a number of minutes she accepted that she had made another mistake and apologised for her actions.
Needless to say this Faulty Towers experiance has influenced my opinon of the hotel.
Other issues which potential customers should know is that the hotel is perched on a hilltop overlooking Lohr. For guests who have their own transport this does not present a problem. However for those who do not reaching the hotel is a major climb and would present major problems for the elderly or disabled.
The problem is compounded by the fact that the hotel provides no transport facilities, there exists no public bus service near the hotel and there is only one taxi in Lohr which must be pre-booked.
My advice. Avoid all the hassle and book in the centre of Lohr which is a wonderful town well worth visiting.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank dipso
Calabasas, CA
Reviewed September 20, 2007

I've had the pleasure of staying at the hotel twice...once in the winter and once in the summer. Both times were wonderful. It's a three star hotel with four star service...and a very, friendly staff. the rooms are modern, large, and comfortable. But the best part is the atmosphere of the hotel itself -- it's very warm and cozy and family-friendly. Yet, at the same time, it's got an upscale feel. This is best exemplified in the restaurant, which has a very warm, family-kitchen feel and lots of homey touches (there is even a mural that says, basically, welcome to mama's kitchen), but the food tastes, and is prepared, like an expensive restaurant. the first time I went was on business and I was alone. The second time I brought my family and my 12 year old daughter loved it. they have lots of activities for kids...which my wife and I certainly appreciated (the cooks and waiters quickly figured out my daughters favorite foods and catered to her like she owned the place). The hotel is perfectly located above the charming village of Lohr and has exceptional views. It also has access to a bunch of well-marked trails into the forest. There is an out-door terrace where they host bbqs, has the best views, and is a lovely setting to just relax. The town looks like it came out of a fairy tale...it's adorable. My wife and daughter also took daytrips to Wurburg and the outlet mall in Wertheim. I strongly recommend this romantic, idyllic and comfortable hotel for either a winter weekend or a summer getaway.

• Liked — The location and the warm, friendly atmosphere.
  • Disliked — the restaurant closes in the afternoon.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lohr am Main
#1 of 1 in Wartmannsroth
Seehotel Niedernberg
Seehotel Niedernberg
#1 of 1 in Niedernberg

Been to Hotel Franziskushoehe? Share your experiences!