$70
hotelF1 Lyon est Beynost(Saint-Maurice-de-Beynost)
$27
  • Free Internet
Hotel Logis Lyon Est - Porte de L'Ain(Saint-Maurice-de-Beynost)
$88
$67
  • Free Internet
$47
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $57/night.

$64
$62
$56
$62
$53
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Very Nice Hotel, easy access to Lyon, but it is in another city, must go by the highway (toll). Very friendly staff, good rooms and breakfast (continental breakfast). Recommended for holidays with car rental and directions to the countryside. Not recommended for business trip with appointments in Lyon.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I recently stayed at Le Petit Casset for one night with my mom because we wanted to be close to the Lyon airport as she had a very early morning departure. Although I booked several months in advance, there was only 1 night available (we originally wanted to stay the entire weekend to take advantage of their pool and proximity to Lyon, a city I love). I can see why this hotel is so popular. Service is extraordinary by French standards, with every contact either by email or phone being handled in a professional yet friendly manner. I can't imagine staying here without a car though, as it is in a remote suburb of Lyon (albeit a peaceful and very green one). The only disappointment was that prior to coming, I had asked by phone if they would be able to recommend restaurants for us, knowing that on Sunday nights things are dead in most parts of France, and the impeccable man on the phone assured me that they would. Unfortunately the young staff that day (not the same as on the phone) were pretty clueless as to area restaurants that were open (we didn't want to go into Lyon that evening, which admittedly would have made for more choice, but we preferred a short drive and no parking hassles). Luckily the WiFi internet connection worked perfectly (although they do charge for it, which is ridiculous) so I did some research online and found us a place not too far away. We ended up not taking advantage of the pool, but it looked lovely. Breakfast was outstanding, especially by French standards (meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, yoghurts, boiled eggs, pound cake & the usual croissants, pain au chocolat, etc. all of excellent quality). The drive to the airport was quick and easy. All in all, a perfect stay, we would have just liked to stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank CathyFrance
Reviewed July 24, 2009

My mother and I stayed at the Hotel le Petit Casset in Lyon for two nights in July. It really is a really great place to stay, with a relaxed and home-like atmosphere. It was a bit hard to find, and the location would more suit those with cars, but it is quite easy to find parking in Lyon (although a GPS is highly recommended for navigation). The house itself is so beautiful, and as soon as you walk in, you feel like you're in a second home. One thing I loved about the house was the way it smelled, just like a house, with something baking and also a slight floral fragrance. Our room was just as pretty, and had a balcony that opened out onto the gorgeous garden. Stephane was extremely helpful in explaining to us the attractions in Lyon and giving us tips on where to park and such. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and a return trip is definitely in the works when I go to Lyon again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bluejaysgirl
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights. We had done a bit of research on beforehand, but when we arrived we quickly understood that the location was not the best. The ghost town, Montluel, was a ten minutes walk away from the hotel, and in order to get to Lyon you had the choice between a 20-minutes train trip or a 40-minutes bus trip. Although the location was not the best for us, if you have a car and want to discover the region I can imagine that this hotel is a good choice.

The rooms looked great and the backyard was really idyllic:) We did not try out the pool, but it did look as nice as on their homepage. The breakfast was, on the other hand, a bit disappointing. We might have had a bit high hopes, but it was definitely not worth the 8 Euros.

The personnel were very helpful and the service impeccable!:)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vetlisch
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We arrived here feeling quite exhausted after a very long day of driving and instantly felt relaxed due to it's lovely setting, beautiful gardens and charming feel. The staff are so friendly and helpful too and put us at ease immediately and the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. It is overall a lovely place to stay.

If you don't have a car and want to explore Lyon it might not be the most conveniently located hotel as it is about a 20 minute drive into the centre of Lyon (which was no problem for us) and apparently the train and bus take about 40 mins to an hour. Also the closest options for dinners are generally a bit of a drive. If you have a car though, no problem. It was ideal for us as it is close to the motorway which suited our needs.

Overall it was a great value hotel in a lovely setting with very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family