“great address!”
Review of Le Petit Casset

Le Petit Casset
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in La Boisse
Reviewed July 17, 2011

we loved the place. Very calm, beautiful area. A lovely place, romantic atmosphere, very clean and generous. great breakfast too! i couldn't believe this is a only 2 stars hotel. It deserves at least 3. great great place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Delphine G

Reviewed May 5, 2010

Stayed here for one night (stopping over on our way to Languedoc). Everything was OK, certainly for a French hotel, although not memorable. We got what we could expect - that is, in France - for the price. Internet access costs EUR 4,50 a day, which was too bad (an outdated approach: it should be free, as in most hotels nowadays).

It's a bit amazing that this is considered as one of the best Lyon hotels, because it's not located in Lyon but in a little village 15 miles further down. If you want to visit Lyon, it seems more logic and convenient to book a hotel in Lyon city. As a stopover place, it suited us well.

Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Hi,

We stayed at the Petit Casset on June 13, 2009. We were very comfortable and the hosts were very nice. Something really weird happened. Just before 10PM, we looked outside and saw this statue moving up and down. At first my wife saw it and though she was tired and seeing things. I saw it too. It was interesting to see. First time for us seeing a statue move. At ten when the lights went off it stopped. I went to see if I could figure this out but I couldn't. The next morning I mentioned this at front desk not knowing what reaction I would get. Then the janitor told me she saw something too and was glad someone else saw it too. I wonder if someone else saw it too.

Can't wait next year to return to see if I can see it again.

The Inn was a bit far from Lyon but easy to find. The breakfast was delicious and worth wile since the Inn is outside of town. Also nice swimming pool. It merits having the number one position in Lyon. Very nice. Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dionnefamily
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Very Nice Hotel, easy access to Lyon, but it is in another city, must go by the highway (toll). Very friendly staff, good rooms and breakfast (continental breakfast). Recommended for holidays with car rental and directions to the countryside. Not recommended for business trip with appointments in Lyon.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I recently stayed at Le Petit Casset for one night with my mom because we wanted to be close to the Lyon airport as she had a very early morning departure. Although I booked several months in advance, there was only 1 night available (we originally wanted to stay the entire weekend to take advantage of their pool and proximity to Lyon, a city I love). I can see why this hotel is so popular. Service is extraordinary by French standards, with every contact either by email or phone being handled in a professional yet friendly manner. I can't imagine staying here without a car though, as it is in a remote suburb of Lyon (albeit a peaceful and very green one). The only disappointment was that prior to coming, I had asked by phone if they would be able to recommend restaurants for us, knowing that on Sunday nights things are dead in most parts of France, and the impeccable man on the phone assured me that they would. Unfortunately the young staff that day (not the same as on the phone) were pretty clueless as to area restaurants that were open (we didn't want to go into Lyon that evening, which admittedly would have made for more choice, but we preferred a short drive and no parking hassles). Luckily the WiFi internet connection worked perfectly (although they do charge for it, which is ridiculous) so I did some research online and found us a place not too far away. We ended up not taking advantage of the pool, but it looked lovely. Breakfast was outstanding, especially by French standards (meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, yoghurts, boiled eggs, pound cake & the usual croissants, pain au chocolat, etc. all of excellent quality). The drive to the airport was quick and easy. All in all, a perfect stay, we would have just liked to stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank CathyFrance
Reviewed July 24, 2009

My mother and I stayed at the Hotel le Petit Casset in Lyon for two nights in July. It really is a really great place to stay, with a relaxed and home-like atmosphere. It was a bit hard to find, and the location would more suit those with cars, but it is quite easy to find parking in Lyon (although a GPS is highly recommended for navigation). The house itself is so beautiful, and as soon as you walk in, you feel like you're in a second home. One thing I loved about the house was the way it smelled, just like a house, with something baking and also a slight floral fragrance. Our room was just as pretty, and had a balcony that opened out onto the gorgeous garden. Stephane was extremely helpful in explaining to us the attractions in Lyon and giving us tips on where to park and such. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and a return trip is definitely in the works when I go to Lyon again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bluejaysgirl
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights. We had done a bit of research on beforehand, but when we arrived we quickly understood that the location was not the best. The ghost town, Montluel, was a ten minutes walk away from the hotel, and in order to get to Lyon you had the choice between a 20-minutes train trip or a 40-minutes bus trip. Although the location was not the best for us, if you have a car and want to discover the region I can imagine that this hotel is a good choice.

The rooms looked great and the backyard was really idyllic:) We did not try out the pool, but it did look as nice as on their homepage. The breakfast was, on the other hand, a bit disappointing. We might have had a bit high hopes, but it was definitely not worth the 8 Euros.

The personnel were very helpful and the service impeccable!:)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vetlisch
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Boisse
Ibis Lyon Est Beynost A42
La Tour Cocooning Gastronomie Hotel Chatillon
La Tour Cocooning Gastronomie Ho...
#1 of 2 in Chatillon-sur-Chalaronne
Best Western Golf & Hotel Du Gouverneur
Best Western Bridge Hotel Lyon East
Hotel-Restaurant Chez Nous
Best Western Plus Hotel & Spa de Chassieu

Been to Le Petit Casset? Share your experiences!