“great place to relax”
Review of Clos Saint Paul

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mazan
Clos Saint Paul
Ranked #14 of 15 Mazan B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is a great escape from business, traffic etc. Great garden and pool. Nice room in a kolonial styled house. Breakfust super, fresh jus, fruit, egg croisant etc very complete.
And from this place you can do many different thing, and if you like wine tasting, go to this place, the chateaus a're every where. around them. Also mont vertoux, 2000 meter high mountain. Joke and Frans are very open to help you with any thing they can.
If you like BBQ, there is a big outside BBQ kitchen.
There are planty restaurant in the area but litlle poor bar/disco. If you search for a nightlife search further.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of September as I was in the area for a wedding...

Location: Took about 40 mins to drive from Avignon airport. Other friends staying flew into Marseilles, and took about an hour to drive. Its about half a mile from Mazan, so within walking distance, although I would recommend a car. Its about a 10 min drive to the larger town of Carpentras

Accommodation: Lovely. The owners have definitely taken their time to decorate each room with its own individual feel, with the communal areas fully equipped. We used both the indoor and outdoor kitchens (one with a BBQ) and found everything (and more) that we needed. There are a number of differently placed tables so if you find that there are other people staying there, then you can definitely have your own space. There is also a dishwasher as well as a washing machine (with washing line), along with iron and ironing board. ie, it has everything (although no tv which I did not miss one bit). There were plenty of guide books, leaflets etc in the foyer to help you plan your days. They have an honesty bar where you can buy wine/beer/soft drinks/water so if you find that you missed the supermarket opening times but could do with a drink, then you don't have to go far! Prices were 6 euros for wine, with beer/soft drinks 1 euro, and the water 0.50 euro. So very reasonably priced.

I stayed in the Laverne Room which was lovely. It had an ensuite shower built into the room. Incredibly quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. I must say, I have not slept so well in a long time. The only downside was no full length mirror, which is ok, but when trying to sort out wedding outfit etc, would have been useful. On a plus, there is a hairdryer provided....the rooms were cleaned every day (except Sunday) so that was good. . If you wanted a grander room, I would suggest the Coriande - you have a whole floor to yourself!! Although, you have alot of stairs to climb!

The pool was lovely - a really nice size...6m x 12m I believe. It is all one level (so no shallow or deep end). If I stood normally then my head was just above the water (I am 5ft 8) just to give you an idea....Very peaceful and relaxing all round

Breakfast: Served each morning between 8.30-10am. The owners did not seem annoyed either when we all rocked up for breakfast at 9.55! Breakfast consisted of croissants, various breads, different jam each day (apricot, raspberry, strawberry etc), cheese & cold meat, boiled egg, yoghurt (natural or fruit), and different fruit each day (pineapple, grapes, melon etc). As well as tea and coffee of course. Very filling! The breakfast is 5 euros a day and was included in the price quoted. However, if you don't want breakfast, just let the owners know the day before and they will not charge you for it.

Friends of mine were also staying at the same time, and had their 4 month old daughter with them... the place is perfect for children and there were cots available etc so if you have a family, then this would be ideal!

Things to do in the area: As I was there for a wedding, we did not have much time to ourselves. I did go to the market in Carpentras (Friday mornings) although the parking there was horrendous and had to drive round for half an hour before I found a space. The stalls begin to pack up at 12pm so would suggest you get there early. The B & B lies under the shadow of Mount Ventoux which I have been reliably informed is sometimes used as one of the stages of the Tour de France....It looks truly magnificant and my friends who went up there said the views were stunning. There are of course plenty of little provencal villages all over the place. We ventured for dinner one night to Gigondas which is in the wine-tasting region. Very pretty! Didn't do any wine-tasting but would like to go back to do that....although in a tour so no driving for me! If you don't feel like cooking, but want to eat in, there is a lovely Pizzeria in Mazan that do takeaway pizzas which were fantastic!! Highly recommend! There is one with just snails on, which never got a chance to sample - thats my excuse for going back I feel...

All in all, a lovely place to relax, unwind, and explore the gorgeous French countryside. The owners were very hospitable and I feel so lucky to have found this gem.... book it and you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Enjoyed four nights at Clos St Paul where my wife and I and three friends based ourselves for some preliminary training for a cyclosportive event run in the Alps early in July. Frans and Joke took great care of us and even came to find us when we got lost on our way to the Clos. The place is well provisioned - you can even cook if you want to! The rooms are clean and well appointed and the guys had lots of literature at hand to allow us to determine a different itinerary each day. Oh! And by the way the pool is one of the best you'll find anywhere!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank LockStockandTravel
Reviewed June 6, 2008

This charming breakfast, near the Mont Ventoux in the Provence area, was an excellent place to disconnect from traffic, noise and pollution in Barcelona. The B&B is run by a very sympathic Dutch couple, who will do everything to make your stay unforgettable. Although we were not lucky with the weather, and therefore could not use the swimming pool, we really did enjoy the garden, specially our 2 year old son who made some Canadian friends. What we liked most, though, was the breakfast outside, prepared by Frans and Joke, with fresh bread from the bakery every morning, and the majestic Mont Ventoux just in front of us. From Mazan it is easy to do 1 day excursions to Orange, Avignon, Carpentras, le Mont Ventoux, St Rémy, L'Isle-sur-la-Sorge. Enfin, great place to stay with excellent relation price-quality.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sveninbcn