“Tasty food in a relaxed and friendly environment”

Le Moulin de Trebes
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Trebes
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Moulin de Trebes while we were navigating through the Canal du Midi in May. We had heard about this place and decided to have dinner there. The restaurant is located next to the canal. We asked about the place and were told by the very friendly lady who served us, that it was originally a commercial wheat factory. The place is nicely and simply decorated. The food has some local specialties, but also grills and fish. Both my husband and I preferred the starters and the desserts to the main dish. We both had fish, it was very nice but we thought it was not anything special compared to the starters. We would normally have eaten meat, but were tempted by the fish. I would cretainly recommend tis lovely restaurant.

2  Thank travelbugAmsterdam

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ideal situation on a hot summer day on the terrace beside the canal, with boats going through the gates. Menu du jour not expensive, sometimes good, sometimes not well planned. I went one Sunday lunch on a rainy day and it was full of noisy children and too busy for good service ... or food.

1  Thank 220113a
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Called in again this year for lunch. Just as good as last time. Suggest you try the hors d'oeuvre buffet, which was not available last time and I found very good.

1  Thank Anthony Howard B
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ate here the other evening and had a very pleasant meal. The food was good, as was the service. There are menus at 22, 28 and 38 euros, which is very reasonable for a 3 or 4 course evening meal.

The restaurant is in a nice location next to the lock on the outskirts of Trebes and the terrace would be a very pleasant place to eat on a summer's evening.

We did not have the Duck, but the lady who thought she was having a "Duck Casserole" should know that what she described is a classic Cassoulet, which is on the 22 euro menu and is the "signature" dish of the area.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were told this restaurant was the best in town. We booked for my wifes birthday.

The waiter was very nice but sadly I cannot say the same for the meal.

We both had the lettuce ( called green salad) with bacon bits and a little dressing. Average

Both had the Duck Casserole - Duck was lovey but the greasy bath it was in with haricot beans and a sausage buried beneath it. Not nice.

I had the Banana Tart which was nice,my good lady had cheese and bread.

1 bottle of red....Bill total 74 Euros