“Lovely Dinner for Two”

Dining options: Reservations
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Dinner for Two”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Staying in Soulac for a week out of season we were able to try several of the restaurants and we think this one was the best!
Each course was top quality and the service was excellent. I wish we had discovered it earlier in the week as we would have eaten there each day!

• Visited October 2013

Sevenoaks
“Why has nobody reviewed this place before? It's lovely”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A beautiful warm autumn day in this quiet little town in north Medoc. We found the restaurant just off the main street and were attracted by the menu. Although not in the sun, it was warm enough to sit outside for lunch. We had two kirs, accompanied by olives with little pieces of herring and carrot, which was unusual for us but delicious. I then had 12 oysters which were even larger than the ones that I had had in Le Havre a few days earlier and just possibly nicer, followed by a fish soup that had an amazing depth of flavour. It was served with homemade rouille, gruyere, croutons and (a nice touch) a clove of garlic. My other half had langoustines which she thoroughly enjoyed. Two coffees completed an excellent lunch.
What really surprised me is that there are plenty of reviews for some of the other restaurants here, many of them saying "avoid", and yet nobody has written about Le Station! From my experience I will happily go back if ever we visit this place again. Go on, take a chance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited October 2012