Thanks to Ranier and the staff of Les Merles who were exceptional during our stay at this gem of a hotel. Les Merles is perfectly situated for day trips to wine tastings and surrounding towns. At the same time, the pool, golf and bistro/restaurant provide plenty of downtime activities. The bistro offered some of the best pub/bistro food we've had in France or abroad - great club sandwich and ceasar salad. The restaurant food was also great, but we actually found little difference in quality between bistro and restaurant. The difference seemed to be mostly in quantity and in better lighting (beautiful candles lit the space). Staff were extremely friendly and attentive. The manager asked us repeatedly if we were enjoying our stay, while other staff were equally proactive. One staff member noticed I ran in the mornings and suggested a running route by the river.
We would recommend a stay at Les Merles as a must while in the Dordogne region - our stay was truly a highlight of our trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Sarlat in the heart of Bergerac vineyards and forests on the hills of the Dordogne river, Château les Merles offers a gourmet restaurant, a boutique luxury hotel and a challenging 9-hole golf course with driving range and putting green, swimming pool, tennis court and wellness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau les Merles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Les Merles Mouleydier
- Chateau Les Merles France/Mouleydier