We had been recommended this hotel and having stayed at a similarly priced and rated hotel in St Emilion a few days earlier we had a lot to compare. There is no air con, no fridge and no access to tea and coffee making facilities unlike at St Emilion. The rooms are basic and utilitarian. The room was not ready for us on arrival though we were greeted with a glass of fizz and nibbles whilst we waited. One day the room was not cleaned until the late afternoon. There is nowhere to put anything in the bathroom. The bistro and breakfast were good. We do not think it is value for money. We did not complain but I think that they may have been having some problems somewhere as we were given 2 bottles of estate wine when we left. We would stay there again but not at the prices they currently charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Sarlat in the heart of Bergerac vineyards and forests on the hills of the Dordogne river, Château les Merles offers a gourmet restaurant, a boutique luxury hotel and a challenging 9-hole golf course with driving range and putting green, swimming pool, tennis court and wellness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau les Merles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Les Merles Mouleydier
- Chateau Les Merles France/Mouleydier