Ok its expensive. Far from Prague. The surrounding area does not really offer much. But if you want to just relax and chill away from all the stresses of life, then so far we have not had better.
Issues that we had when we there included extremely aloof behaviour from the wine waiter who prefered catering to clients with larger wallets. Slightly poor breakfast spread, very expensive menu (by Czech standards) and possibly the worst coffee .... ever. BUT, a letter to the director/owner was met with a sincere effort to correct these issues and we are looking forward to going back very soon!
The spa was simply incredible. The two ladies have hands of angels. The outdoor jacuzzi is divine when its snowing and you have some herbal tea and chocolate..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the 2008 World Travel Awards, Chateau Mcely was voted the “World’s Leading Green Hotel.” It is situated in the midst of the St. George Forest, high on a hill with breath-taking vistas, just an hour’s drive from the centre of Prague and in the heart of old Central Europe. This former rural manor of the Thurn-Taxis aristocracy is a place of magical wonder, with positive healing energy, a long history, and with a family atmosphere and personal attention to so many details that it literally guarantees its guests a balance of body, mind and spirit. Limousine service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Chateau Mcely reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Mcely Hotel Mcely
- Chateau Mcely Prague
- Chateau Mcely Hotel Prague