“Nice stay Value for Money”

Elenite All Inclusive Villas
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Elenite
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Nice stay Value for Money”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Spent 4 days at this resort. The resort is a little dated and the rooms are very simple and basic, but is value for money. If you are expecting luxury you will need to look else where but if you are looking for a simple accommodation next to the beach that is all inclusive then this place will fit the bill nicely.

It is part of a larger chain/ group of hotels that are all in proximity of this resort. It is almost as if you get the benefits of multiple resorts for the price of one.

We had a car and if you want to do anything besides lay on the beach you may want a car.

Parking is about 6 Euros a day and you will need to pay for this separately from the hotel.

The food is pretty average but there is enough variety that you will find something.
The ice cream is a hit and plentiful

The rooms have seen better days but they are clean and big enough.

The poor points are that you will have to pay for everything (albeit not much) besides food at this all-inclusive. Expect to pay for chairs at the water park, paddle boat or water sport activity, etc

The water park did not have 2 major sides open which was a bit disappointing for the kids.

The mini golf appears to be for show and it was not clear who exactly runs it, as we could never get golf clubs for the mini golf. The security is supposed to have them but every time we checked they were never around and we only saw one group of people in 4 days actually play. This was too bad because it is a neat little course.

All in all I would come back and I got exactly what I paid for. I didn't expect a lot and got more than I expected.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the water
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mcmurrytravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Last summer I had made a great vacation in Bulgaria with my family! Elenite Holiday Village is perfect for families with small children. There are many leisure offers, care of children, playgrounds and the children is in the summer-resort in security, because it is always so calm. The beach was much clean and the staff - totally nice. In the restaurant we enjoyed always delicious meals, were the rooms clean and the plant of the hotel are excellent. We go this summer again there, because the children speak still about our vacation in atrium! It was great!

6 Thank Ekaterina I
Huddersfield-uk
Reviewed January 4, 2014

family of 5,age range 49,43,21,18 & 12.
Complex- quite hilly, pretty well kept gardens, lots to walk around & see.
Restaurants- have to queue to book into specialist places, so get there early!
Main Restaurant- again get there early, no queuing except for British, everyone else just pushes in.
Food- Bulgarian...excellent as I hate to go abroad and eat English food. You can only eat in your designated restaurant, outdoor food stalls or specialist restaurants NOT any hotel.
Drinks- No British brands but a good selection of spirits & beer fab measures too :).you can drink at any bar on the whole complex in any hotel/restaurant or outdoor bars.
Waterpark- excellent 6 main slides Only negative you have to pay daily per lounger,which soon adds up, plus no all inc bar, had to leave & go to one of bars outside.
Entertainment was brill, I don't usually like Butlins type entertainment but this was fantastic, make sure you go to the outdoor amphitheatre too, has better shows than indoor.
Swimming pools - you can use any of the many pools on the whole complex.
Visit - Nessebar, St Vlas & Sunny Beach
Eat out at... Paco's, it's a little shack just outside the complex but the food is amazing,large portions & cheap...our 5 meals & drinks came to less than £15

2 Thank aprilshowers76
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently toured Bulgaria with my Bulgarian girlfriend. She is in the tourism industry and knows the resorts well, as a national who loved these places as a child, but also as a professional. Her opinion counts as she knows what hotels are like around the Balkans and Bulgaria. We had heard stories about this hotel, a few years ago it was praised by two Bulgarians on a trip to the Dominican Republic - not that they were great people - but being happier with Sunny Beach and Nesabar neither of us had been there.

Location: Elenite (Elen means Deer) is a wooded valley to the north of Sunny Beach and Saint Vlas. As the valley hits the coast it is dominated by a series of hotel complexes mostly run by the Victoria Group. These hotels vary in style and quality and we stayed in two of them during our trip (we stayed in five hotels and complexes across the country over ten days). If the visitor has a hire car, as we did ,then one can get away from the hotel and go to Sunny Beach or Nesabar - otherwise you are rather stuck with what facilites there are. It is also at the eastern end of the Balkan Mountains, hills by that point rather than Alp-like, the air temperature may be cool at night. The beach is not up to the same standard of sand as Sunny Beach (an item to which my girlfriend guages ALL beaches, Bulgarian, British, Thai, Sri Lankan, etc). I was brought up near Bournemouth and I know what sandy beaches are and that the beaches to either end of Poole Bay are more pebbly and seaweed coved, so one cannot blame the hotel for it's beach as such. Oh, she likes Poole!

Age and Condition: This is NOT a new hotel, it might even be described as "Soviet" in fixtures and condition and if the Victoria Group care to read the comments they should seriously consider closing it down and demolishing it with a view to long term modernisation. The "villas" are located up a steep slope through a mature garden - the fact that it is SO mature points to the age of the complex. There are a lot of steps. Inside the buildings have a spartan characterless feel. We were bewildered by the boiler in the bathroom and the cheap toilet paper. Every building has two beds and two bunk beds. The beds are very well used and sheets do not fit. I would guess the towels are a minimum of ten years old and you can see through them - one was a larger towel torn in half to make more towels. Rather stupid. Another illustration of the vision of a hotel is the TV service. Bulgaria has access to hundreds of TV stations, I know that for sure, but here the stations were few and tend towards Russian.

Dining experience: Over the years a few things have struck me about eating in the Balkan nations. 1) British people should remember that many foods popular in the region are similar due to historical circumstances. Mousaka, bean stews, salads, stuffed peppers, kofte (beef burgers made with pork), stews with rice, yoghurt with everything and hundreds of other dishes are not "foreign muck" as I once heard an English kid describe Greek food in Greece. It is good often wholesome food and seasonal which we are losing here in the UK. A Shopska salad is great in any country. What lets this hotel down is presentation and the manner of some of the staff. The grill section was filthy, substandard for a third world market. The staff were uninterest, dressed for a hip-hop concert not a hotel kitchen and sat about looking at their mobiles. This is not the first time I have seen this and it is most definately something the Victoria Group should look into to be taken seriously - the other hotel with annoyingly apathetic staff was the Victoria Palace in Sunny Beach - a "who cares, whatever" attitude. Give them some training, some dignity and a uniform and maybe the staff will be half decent.

Russians: Ah yes they are certainly a crowd of their own on holiday. I have noted a few complaints about Russians and Ukrainians on this website. You are not alone, Bulgarians seem to hold similar views too and want a reduced emphasis in numbers. However they are human and want holidays as much as anyone else. They seem don't understand the concept of the queue and willingly push in and take all the food regardless of quality. Their kids are virtually uncontrollable, and behaviour is not always what we migh expect. I guess the thing is that they have money, want to get away for a bit and I supose a hotel firm would be stupid to reject them out of hand. Not sure what one can realistically do. Go to Turkey they are all over the place, same with Egypt and even Sri Lanka - I just try to ignore them now.

So what was our conclusion. Don't give up on Bulgaria on the basis of this place - she is beautiful country and albeit some hotels are a little lacking or gerry built I think that is as much to do with some hotel firms being a bit keen for a quick buck. Nesabar is a nice, seriously historic, touristic town. Sunny Beach is not necessarily my taste, too kiss-me-quick-cheap-booze-and-football-on-the-screens for me, but hey it is popular and the beach is soft and huge. The city could look to repaving the main drag next to the Kuban Hotel. Bourgas is a big port, but Sozopol to the south is like Nesabar but virtually untouched. Hire a car, get about. Don't be shy to order salads, kofte, or a stew when you go out for a few pints - Bulgarians always eat when they drink and frankly it is cheap and if you want to get wrecked try a Rekia or two (but don't go made on an empty stomach). That's enough, beginning to soumd like I work for the Bulgarian Tourism industry! I have written my thoughts on the other hotels I went to too. (PS Plovdiv is a lovely city, Albena is an interesting hotel complex, near Golden Sands, Sandanski is great - seriously hot water in the natural spas and Veliko Tarnovo is very interesting)

Hope that's helpful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank 1968JSL

Travelers are raving about these Elenite hotels

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Well, I rated this hotel as "very good", keeping in mind that it is a 3.5* hotel. I have got what I have payed for.
First I want to tell you that I try to get the best of every place I go. I try to ignore the imperfections.
The property is very well kept, with lovely gardens and alleys.
The villas were OK, at least the ones from our area (we have booked it through 1-2-Fly).
The food varied, plenty and tasty.
The staff polite and helpful.
Kids loved the aqua-park.
We get sunbeds on the beach every day, without having to woke up at 7 in the morning.
Yes, it was crowded in restaurant, people were pushing, some of the tourists got too much food on their plates, they could never eat. But is the hotel staff entitled with educating tourists? By the end of the eating time, there were seats available and still a lot of dishes to choose from.
Yes, the towels and lingerie were not the whitest ever, but were clean; our villa was cleaned every day.
Overall, we have enjoyed our stay at this resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank ralucacluj
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had doubts after reading the negative reviews about this hotel but brushed it off as fussy people over exaggerating. NOONE IS EXAGGERATING.

This holiday was doomed from the start. When dropped off at the hotel we were not greeted by any staff and left for 45 minutes until a golf cart showed up to collect our luggage and take us to our room.

*Rooms = extremeley dated, ugly interior, BLOOD ON THE BED SHEETS which were not changed throughout our whole stay... Toilet was filthy and cramped with mud on shower curtain, footprints on the ceiling ????? (photos to prove all of this)

*Cleanliness = as stated above bedsheets were not changed during our whole stay and were smeared with blood on arrival.. Had to request clean towels after the third day of them not being changed, to which I was told "you havent had them because we change them every 4 days" WTF

*Staff = no staff speak english, arrogant, moody and very, very ignorant. Their answer to everything is "go to reception" or "go to the next desk" .. We wasted our first night going in circles around the resort.

*Food = as expected food was bulgarian cuisine but it was ONLY bulgarian, everything freezing cold had to microwave every meal. My boyfriend and I will eat anything but we struggled to digest this [--]. If you like cold chips come here. Also first come first served.

*Dangerous = steps steps STEPS!!!!!! this hotel is a maze and badly lit my boyfriend fell as he couldnt even see the steps. Felt pity for the pregnant and elderly. No disabled access.

*Other guests = few british, mostly german and russian .. Very arrogant and aggressive!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pushed in queues and they walk into you.

*Transport = Sunny beach is a 35 minute bus journey full of sweaty people.. Taxi about 30 lev although noone at hotel will ring one for you or even give you a number to call yourself, you just have to stand and hope one turns up.

This resort is absolutely vile DO NOT GO HERE. However, sunny beach was an amazing experience, I would definitley go back to Bulgaria but stay nearer to sunny beach. Nightlife was amazing, drinks strong and cheap and food STUNNING.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank rebekahjm
Hull
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to the Villas three years ago and were so impressed we couldn't wait to go again, - big mistake. To be fair we had a good time but purely because having spent so much money we were determined to make the best of it.

Bad Points

The rooms were in bad repair - we had three rooms and everyone of them was shoddy. Our room had mould growing up the wall that had tried to be painted over - badly. The walls were a mishmash of different coloured paints where touch ups had been attempted. The curtains although not a big deal did not match, were not ironed and did not fully close meaning as we were on the ground floor where people walked past we had to hide in corners of the room to get changed. The plug sockets were hanging of the walls. The bathroom had no light, the shower curtain was mouldy and the toilet stood about a foot off the wall. The window was not obscured glass and did not close so anyone walking past could see in. Re-tiling had been attempted but again the tiles did not match nor had any attempt to make the tile fit. On one occasion the sprinkles outside the apartment flooded the entrance so there was a foot deep of water threatening to come in the apartment. First response of the staff was it wasn't their problem!!

The food was appalling, very cold and the same thing that got put out everyday. There was a microwave you were expected to use if you wanted the food hot!! People shoved and pushed to get to the food and pushed in if there were queues (not the English I should add). Staff were rude and many lazy, one English chap asked if the table could be cleared and he was told no!! The tables were filthy and we gave up eating there and ended up paying to eat off site from the supermarket or the bar Pacos, but this kind of defeats the idea of all inclusive. The ice creams were self service and children could be seen licking the scoops and putting them back in dirty water so even that was out. They offered pancakes outside but it took 10 mins to serve each person with two pancakes so the queues were massive. You used to be able to able to book one of the other restaurants on the site for every night we were there this time we only managed this twice and both times were disappointed, the drinks are also not part of the all inclusive offer which we were not told. The cutlery had to be requested and was banged down on the table in a heap for you to access??

All the pools were of very bad repair including the water park. The tiles in each pool were loose and missing in places and the villa pool had thick green algae at the bottom and around the edges. The beech was also dirty. We were told that the complex had been taken over last year and it was geared more towards Eastern Europeans, maybe they don't mind the shoddy service but they were also incredibly rude.

Good points - the taxi driver outside the complex was lovely and we only booked a week and we will never return and certainly DO NOT recommend it. The Nicholsons from Hull

Room Tip: Don't go at all!!
2 Thank Nyree N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elenite
Royal Bay Hotel
#4 of 9 in Elenite
Imperial Resort
Imperial Resort
#61 of 220 in Sunny Beach

Been to Elenite All Inclusive Villas? Share your experiences!