We had booked a 2 week break in September, but after reading reviews decided to reduce it to 7 days in July. How glad we did. If I had got to spend another week fighting for food, being pushed in front of, glared at, and generally being made to feel uneasy by the Eastern Europeans who dominate these hotel grounds, I would have snapped.
The complex was very large with all the hotels been able to merge by using pools, drinks etc. There were just loads of people, but to be fair apart from meal times there was no fighting for sunbeds etc. We stayed in the villas and found it to be very spacious. Nice terraced area to sit on, but a bit tatty around the edges. The microwave etc was not really used on an AI break.
We spent the whole week lazing by the pool or sea, just fetching drinks as required. But all the time we were filled with the dread of mealtimes. Would we find a table (and could we keep it ?) Would there be any food left (if we could get to the front of any queue) Would it be hot (not a chance unless you used the microwave) We however got some very nice pancakes and omelettes cooked fresh by a really nice English speaking (just) chef, who was beavering away on his two burner hob.
A fine example of the greedy people is the teenager who was at the front of the pancake queue. He took his two pancakes from the silver tray put them on his plate and waited...... two more.... two more...... two more....two more..... At this stage with 5 more people in front of me I had to go back to my table fuming. The lad walked past ten minutes later with at least 16 on his plate. I did utter some hostilities at him. even more so when I saw him leave the place with 10 or more still on his plate !!!!!
The hotel really needs to adopt a fair policy, as the pizzas etc were constantly being snapped up by the person at the front of the queue... or pushers in.
If you can put up with the mealtime mêlée then I'm sure you can make a good holiday of this place. The aquapark is good too.
Again on the meal subject, you can book into one of 3 restaurants for a lovely calm relaxed meal.
Sozopol in the villas hotel serving Bulgarian food lovely.... well worth paying for a drink
Mediterranean serving fish... cant comment as did not try.
Talyana serving from the grill menu... very nice
To book these check at reception, or queue to see the nice lady in the morning.
You can only eat at each once per week.
Avoid the food trauma on another night by going to Khans tent.... great entertainment (but always trying to sell you something... Photo, cds,plus tips lol,
The lobby bar staff worked hard, and were friendly. If you like diet coke they keep a few bottles in the fridge !!!
All the drinks were pretty good and free flowing.
Ice creams good, but could get messy as the day progressed.
biscuits and little pastries always available during the day
Elenite in my opinion was more pleasant than the sunny beach area. I suppose like us the only way to really find out is go, but all the reviews cannot be wrong about the food, Russians/Rumanians etc.
GOOD LUCK, You may just need it.
Oh by the way, the airport is a pretty busy experience too !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas are situated in Royal Club Victoria, Elenite - the only Bulgarian sea resort that is fully south-oriented, thus providing plenty of sunshine to its guests. The gently sloping hills nearby keep the air fresh even in hottest summer days. The luxury Villas, spread like a mosaic over the hills, the touch between the sea and the mountain, all this creates a fascinating experience. The architectural solution implies privacy and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elenite All Inclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elenite Holiday Village Hotel Elenite
- Elenite Holiday Village Nessebar
- Elenite Holiday Village Hotel Nessebar
- Elenite All Inclusive Villas Bulgaria - Burgas Province