“Agreed "GET OVER IT"”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Elenite
Woodstock
“Agreed "GET OVER IT"”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have just come back from a two week holiday at the Villas. I was very concerned by all he negative reviews previously posted, but i had no reason to be! First the location is lovely, right on the beach, and far enough from the Bulgarian Benidorn "Sunny Beach"! The complex itself, as well as the rooms are spotlessly clean. The cleaners are discreet and will not come in your room if you hang the "do not disturb sign" outside your door. As one of the previous reviews mentioned tthe safety of your goods in the bedrooms, I have to say that on a daily basis, we left my daughter's Ipod and tablet, as well as cameras and phones, and nothing was ever touched.The food was alway plentiful and varied, plenty of fresh salads, grilled meat, stews, soups..... in the restaurant, and different choices of food throughout the day. Yes The Russians and Eatern European can be pushy, but you are on holidays, so take it with a good sense of humour. By the end, even my 7 year old daughter had learned how to deal with them. As for the staff, if you show them respect, give them a smile and a little tip on the odd occasion, they are fantastic. Bare in mind a waiter works 8 hours a day (no break), 6.5 days a week, all for 350 levs a month (£150). We tried Pacos, outside the complex, but did not find the food better than in the restaurant, and we had to pay for it!
The Waterpark is an absolute life saver with a 12 year old daughther. It's very clean, and still exciting after 2 weeks.
This was our first proper holiday after five years of running a pub in Oxfordshire, and it suited our family needs completely. Plenty of rest, food, drinks (i usually drink dry white wine, but I went on the G&T, as they tend to serve sweet wine). If you are looking for places catering mainly for British, then try Spain, plenty of burger bars, fish and chips and english breakfasts over there. I personnally like something different, and we found it in Bulgaria.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Fabienne J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our 5th visit to Elenite Villas and always as good as the last time. Can only think that those who don't enjoy it are trying to keep it to themselves. It is not 4 star, but it is cheap and cheerful. Spotlessly clean. Basic rooms. I am a really fussy eater but I always manage to eat well within the complex. Pacos is great for a one off, but really only does the same sort of food as the complex. Where else would you find a room, beach, 3 pools and a waterpark within walking distance for this price. Yes the eastern block people are pushy, but that is just how they are due to their history - it is quite fun to confront them and forget about our obsession with queuing - I nearly had a chocolate sauce fight over pancakes but so what??! You can get food of some sort all day. No good for families of older children - say 10 or above - but a cheap way of having 2 weeks in the sun. We will return and would recommend it to anyone - take the reviews with a pinch of salt. Genuinely you will have a good time.

10 Thank Joanne L
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

What we had was a safe environment for the 3 of us. (Three generations of females, youngest 5. )
There is no traffic on site, only the little buggies occasionally and we felt very safe walking out late at night. There were only families on site. The kids club is fantastic and the my grand-daughter and the other children in our party were well looked after by Dennis, who's talents deserve to be shared with a bigger audience. The entertainment at night is aimed for children but is quite professional. You can see it on you tube.
The whole site is beautiful. The gardens well kept. The whole place clean. Pools are O.K. not fantastic. They are clean though. We used ones at the Royal Bay, where the kids club is based
Our villa was very close to these pools. It overlooked the sea and the view was spectacular There was a steep flight of steps up to it and it did take several days for them to fix the outside lights but they were fixed. I lost my case key and the maintainance man opened my lock for me, after I asked at reception. There was no need for him to do it and he did not charge.
Food. No lift up to dining room, about 100 steps so you have to be fit. I could always find something nice to eat. The soups were lovely, the salads, the veg, the breadcrumbed burgery things, the sausages, the chicken when available but the stews were chewy and kebabs not fantastic but I found plenty to eat. Daughter and grand-daughter had different tale. They ate there most of the time. We often had hot dogs for lunch from
" pirate ship" which were all inclusive. Other all inclusive alternatives were kebabs , pancakes or cakes or ice cream. All a walk away. Plenty of water bars. The 3 special restaurants which you have to book for on the all inclusive are worth booking for. Food is good, especially the Sozopol..Too rushed in the sitting in the Mediterranean though.
The wasps. This is what put me off as I have a phobia. I had decided to face my fear when I booked. We noticed though they are round the bar at warmest part of day they were simply after the drink. They did not bother you. We were later told they were honey bees. I assume this is correct.
I would go with family again but not as couple or with friends.

Room Tip: All villas face sea I believe. Do not know if I can be helpful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Emily386
hurghada
Reviewed July 31, 2012

it was a great holiday and had lots of entertainment and things to do. there were golf buggies to take you to places around the resort and the water park was just down a path. it was a wonderful holiday but there were lots of steps so not ideal for buggies. the main food court was awful was undercooked and horrible but we diddnt let that spoil our holiday. the restraunts within the resorts were lovely especially sozopol. we had a lovely time.

Maldon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2012

we have just retured from elinite villas and the only good thing about this holiday was the lovely beach. The food was cold, and was the same everyday. We both got food posioning and spent 3 days in bed. Theis is not an english friendly place, the russians and germans steal all the fruit and best food before you have got there and the staff are very rude and do not understand english well.There was one lovely waiter who spoke english but that was it. The cleaners were fairly good, but come far too early so you get woken up even if you have put your sign out to say no as they dont understand it! the only sign of life is if you go into sunny beach where you can get a meal in one of the many restaurants and do some evening shopping. To sum up a great location for the beach but there is nothing else there and would suggest self catering as the food is way below standard. However for me its a never again, would tather holiday in my back garden and ring the local takeaway every night!

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Sharon C

Travelers are raving about these Elenite hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2012

just got back from the villas in elenite . we booked two rooms myself and my wife and my son and his mate in the other . it was my wifes birthday when we was there and a sealed birhday card was in the room . noticed that the card was opened and 40 pound taken out . also my sons mate got robbed , a bottle of perfume for his mother and a pair of his canvas shoes . reported it to reception and they did not want to know , apart from that the location is excellent with use of the other 3 hotels for drinks only though , you have to eat where you are staying. the beach is ok . but it does have alot of stones and pebbles. the hotels are spottless though. the food is very poor . we had food out twice and we only went for a week . the food is cold but there is a microwave there . alot of russians there who think they rule the world and push in front of you for drinks + food , so if you cant beat em join em . the staff are very igronant and i think they dont like us brits the russians are there priority . entertaintment is for 1 hour every nite for kids very poor. there is a disco which closes at 2am and its part of your all inclusive . after that you pay in the beach bar , piano bar , and fagans bar , they close at 4am for adults only ...would i go back ,,NO..the staff are rude and not alot of help .. and the cleaners are robbers ... thank god we paid for a safe at the start of our holiday ,, if you are going hide all your stuff

Room Tip: buy a safe
6 Thank valleyboy16
Coventry
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I only wish that I had done this review earlier. This hotel is a shame its not worth even to be looked at in the holiday brochure. On arrival we were allocated a room that had a hugh cock roach in the room although they did move us this was not the point. The food was disgusting considering we had paid all inclusive we never ate in the hotel except for breakfast we went to the end of the drive and ate at I think it was called Marco but they served lovely food, so what we thought was a reasonable holiday it became very expensive. They also had a policy that you were not allowed in the restaurants in wim wear so I wore a kaftan, however on entering I was told that I would not be served, i was not happy with this as just in front of me a younger guest entered the restaurant with the same swim wear on as myself and was allowed to be served, haaving requested to speak to a manager I spoke to someone that was looked no older than my daughter an was scruffy dressed in jeans and she just said it was there policy. I then decided to speak to our Rep whilst she agreed with me she said there was nothing she could do as I also pointed out that if they had such storng views on dress sense why were they allowing young children to walk arund the hotel almost naked this is not the sort of behavoiour I would expect for a 4* hotel. Whilst we were not the only guest not happy the management of the hotel didn;t give a dame as they ahd received your money through the travel agency.

If I were you i would give this centre a very wide berth and pay the extra and go somewhere where they will be no problems.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank CCFC2112
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elenite
Royal Bay Hotel
#4 of 9 in Elenite
Atrium Beach
Atrium Beach
#1 of 4 in Elenite

Been to Elenite All Inclusive Villas? Share your experiences!