“Not even sure to call it hotel at all”
Review of Hotel Royal Park

Hotel Royal Park
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Elenite
Reviewed August 21, 2013

At first I must say this was my first and last trip to Bulgaria. Surrounding of hotel is nice,howecer it would welcome reconstruction. It is a big resort, you have got nowhere to go except for supermarket which is nearby. Beach is nice one of the prettiest in Bulgaria,but otherwise everything about this hotel is horrible. Starting from poor quality of meals, repeating every day this selection which disappears in 10minutes. Than rooms...we got room on the 10th floor,yes do not be misunderstanded really. The sea view was beautiful but I think room was used last time when the hotel had been opened. Bathroom in.terrible state, with holes in the ceiling and damaged beds. I didnt even unpack my belongings.I would not bother with rating of animations, the are.not worth mentioning. Over-all the only nice.things were tirip to Nesebar and reasonable prices in shops. Hotel.itself was and still is a huge mistake. I do not recommend at all.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal Park

Reviewed August 18, 2013

It would of been the perferct holiday with a water park which had really fun slides althogh getting in for free 5lv a sun bed only (in the water park in the swimming pools and beach free) the drinks in the water park were ridiculously expensive. 15lv for a beer. the good thing is the internet aswell for only 4lv for half a hour i think which works out £2. i would got back if the food wasnt so continuous, it was the same things and i went for 2 weeks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was a little concerned after reading some of the negative reviews about this hotel, however as it had taken two years of planning and saving for this holiday I knew my family and I were going to have a brilliant time no matter what - so here's my feedback and tips/info if you are going here

Beautiful location, lovely landscaped gardens and direct access to beach and all other hotels
Very grand lobby but a little worn
Huge room (open plan family room for 2 adults 2 children) basic and clean with fridge but with tiny balcony
Cleaner on our floor (3) was friendly and always gave what I asked for= toilet roll, towels etc and when I asked her to clean the room (4 times in the 2 weeks is enough for us) she did an excellent job and made our towels into swans and roses which the kids loved! I tipped 5 Leva every time and 10 at the end.
Dining room was reminiscent of a canteen as it is enormous and busy, yes there were queues for the grill, pancakes etc. but the staff were clearly working extremely hard and as efficiently as possible, I'd suggest to management they buy a few more dishwashers, extend the grill area. and provide more fresh fruit and fish! Generally I was happy with variety and quality of the food but was ready for a curry when I got home! We adjusted out attitude and developed a system to ensure as pleasant experience as possible- it is all inclusive not a fine dining experience.
No problem with the bar staff and I really didn't feel pressured into tipping although we budgeted to tip and most times I went to the bar I put 50 Stotinki or a Lev in the glass- they do work long hours and seemed to be there every day! I did experience people being sharp and rude to staff - no idea what nationality they were. Very few Brits, which was a bonus for me as I prefer to completely unwind and be quite anti social on holiday!
Aqua park fantastic and kids went alone and just left towels and shoes on side no problem but when we stayed all day - 4 sunbeds 2 parasols, hot dogs, corn cobs, drinks, ice cream and fruit from shop opposite the drop slide and I think It worked out about £30 so worth it I reckon.
Try all the hotel Bars and the snacks and the banana boat, inflatables, pedalo's are cheap- 15-20 leva. Good atmosphere and simple food and cheap drinks at Pako's bar. They've ramped up prices on public transport and in the supermarket but still good value compared to other holidays .
Go with a good attitude, it's a family resort and felt safe, be generous and for £25 a night for bed and all in we all certainly had our money's worth and will go again
Happy holiday
Mandy

Room Tip: Go for a lower floor or you'll spend a lot of time waiting for the lift - floor 3 was perfect fo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mandy H
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nice hotel in excellent location and excellent garden with excellent aquapark and with excellent animation programme for children. But the service is so poor that "never again" is the only result of its visit. Never enough of glasses neither in bars nor in the restaurant resulting in serving the drinks in plastic single use "camping" cups (real four stars hotel!). Breakfest/lunch/dinner - always unpleasent searching for free table, then waiting in incredible queue for meal prepared on place (who cares, prepare it wherever you want but bring enough of meal in due time), looking for plates, queueing for pizza, waiting for glasses etc. etc. Cheese - served only one - the local one, exceptionally some triangĺes, no knowledge about other kinds (EU four stars hotel!), ham - unknown product, some terrible dark red local salami served instead, the drinks are free including red and white wine. We tried both, either it was not wine but some mix of fresh wine and sour juice or perhabs the bulgarien wine is so special that we did not recognise it as a wine. Only one bar was opened in the evening - lobby bar, always with queue and "excellent" servis, two boys always only crying " next", no time for polite saying hallo, good evening, thank you, little smile etc. Top was the lady in charge of preparing coffee - if it is difficult to read from faces of some people, this lady was quite different - her face and service was saying how tired she is and how difficult the life is. She never succeeded to serve the coffee without making the cup dirty from all sides. At the same time the terrace bar was closed and no one realised that it could be opened till the evening and "help" the overcrowded lobby bar. By the way - the terrace bar and the swimming pool were closed at 17,00 O´clock! You read well, both were closed at the time when everybody was still there and could use it for another three - four hours - till sunset! Lady showing board that working time is over (till 17,00 only) forced everybody to leave the swimming pool! To get the chair on the terrace many people "reserved" it with their own towels from the evening. There were very little free chairs in the morning. Lovely hotel. There were two entries from the sandy beach to the hotel terrace, but no shower, neither small for the feeds to wash the sand! There was one shower close to the hotel entry, so some people used it, but people coming from the other entry did not have the chance and brought plenty of sand to the terrace and to the swimming pool. WiFi - available in the lobby only but with not sufficient capacity, you are to wait till midnight to read your e-mails. There are three independant restaurants - but you must make reservation in the morning from 9,00 O´clock - it means to queue again for at least half an hour in the lobby.Reception staff - some did not understand english. The lifts - not enough capacity, it was our luck to be in the fourth floor and use stairs instead.
Royal Park Hotel - an example how really stupid minor things (politeness of the staff, the queues etc. as above) can completely destroy the guest opinion for in most other aspects nice hotel.
Josef, Prague

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank deptu m
Reviewed August 1, 2013

First of all, the company that ones the hotel, Victoria Group, has poor management as the staff is rude and impolite. I booked a room from the hotel site and i did not received any reservation number although my card was charged with half of the amount. After changing several e-mails with one of their employee, Dima Stefanova, I received a reservation number. After 2 nights at the hotel, I was called at the reception in order to pay for the accomodation. The total amount asked was 150% more then the booked price and I refused to pay, so the hotel management told us to leave. They put me on the phone with the person that provide me the reservation details and the conclusion was that the booked price is no longer valid, and new prices are charged. The solutions were to leave the hotel or to pay the amount requested by them. I decided to leave the hotel and they managed to ruin my vacation.

About the hotel I can advise you on following:
-very poor internet connection in the lobby bar, you cannot access any website (the only location that provides free internet).
-terrible smell on hotel corridors
-long queues at the hotel restaurant. (we booked for all inclusive services but in order to get a piece of stake we had to wait in very long lines)
-poor quality food
-the hotel personnel does not speak fluent english. Only one receptionist had some ability in communicate in english.
-very crowded on the hotel beach and also at the pool, you have to get there by 7 am to be able to occupy a sunbed
-bad smell in room
-parking place is payd and they charged us 12 bgn per day and did not received any document for the payment made, although on the hotel brochure there was a fee of 5 bgn per day.
This is not what is expected from a 4 star hotel

Room Tip: For rooms situated to higher levels: elevetors do not function Rooms situated above the reception f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank george e
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have traveled extensively throughout my 35 year career. Thought I had seen it all-- but I hadn't. The place is pay-in-advance- all-inclusive, and my in-laws had treated us, so we couldn't just leave--- or we would have.

First, they give two small towels per room, and no more. And on some days, they don't change the towels. Why? Because, the maid explains, "it's a tragedy at this hotel-- the hotel doesn't have enough towels for all rooms". Same story with soap some days, and shampoo other days. Also true in the dining room. They literally ran out of dishes and glasses several times. And why were the table cloths always damp? Because they have so few that when they get dirty during a meal, they take them in back and rinse them out-- but don't have time to dry them before needing them again!

Now for the real fun. The staff in the dining room are almost uniformly surly. As an example, three separate times, I experienced waiters pushing past the guests waiting for the elevator, jumping inside and over-riding it to go in the opposite direction than it was called for. Once, the waiter even laughed and pointed at the guests as the door closed.

Rude, surly, apathetic. So much so that my father-in-law sought out and asked a manager why there was this attitude. He replied (and I promise, I am not making this up) "It is the owners' policy. You see 95 percent of the guests here are Russians. And Russians are pigs. They wouldn't appreciate better, so why should we make it better?"

(Think about what he just said about his own hotel's chosen target customer!!!!)

So, certainly Russians need to avoid this place. But I'm American, and my wife's family is Bulgarian. The problem for us turned out to be that this place can't figure out how to give sub-standard service to 95 percent of it's clientele without giving sub-standard service to everyone.

I could go on and on--- but I hope you get the point.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kevin c
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were there on a Team Building and I have never seen such a hotel ! There was no water for drinking, poor and dirty wet room!
Please don't go in this hotel. Pictures are in their web site are deceiving.
Only location and garden is nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Chara190
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elenite
Royal Bay Hotel
#124 of 221 in Sunny Beach
Hotel Hrizantema
Hotel Hrizantema
#83 of 221 in Sunny Beach

Been to Hotel Royal Park? Share your experiences!