“Perfect location nearby main promenade”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Bulgaria

Hotel Bulgaria
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Burgas
Suwalki, Poland
“Perfect location nearby main promenade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Building from outside didn’t look good but room was clean. Temperature from air condition was sensible, but not inside room (only in front hall). Fortunately temperature in Burgas wasn’t high. Breakfast was very good, especially olives, but there was a juice machine with orange and grapefruit juice which gives only grapefruit juice from both. I think if I will be in Burgas next time I stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mariusz M
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review hotel Bulgaria Burgas !

I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay in hotel Bulgaria Burgas. We are always happy to see our guests coming back and even more happy to see that all our efforts to provide first class service and comfort at the best possible price are paying back with loyal guests.

I hope we shall see you again in hotel Bulgaria Burgas soon again.

P.S. The juice machine is working properly now :)

Hotel Bulgaria Burgas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The reception, bar & restaurant are terrible. Service is non-existent & poor public areas. On the good side the suite room itself was clean, well maintained & comfortable. Although once outside the room everything else was 4th class. The surrounding area is nice with good access to Burgas town centre. Plenty of good restaurants & shops to choose from.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 186487Mrjr
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel ! I am glad that you liked the room or the suite that you have stayed in and I cannot understand why you have got such a negative opinion about our services. I would be glad if you contact us and send us much more detailed information, so that we can check the issues that you have had and work on changing and improving ourselves.

Hotel Bulgaria Burgas

Travelers are raving about these Burgas hotels

California City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

the rooms were old but clean. bathroom clean. no musty odor . carpet clean. bed decent. amenities okay. staff friendly. View exhilarating. The aircon was okay in our room.... not so with my friend's room down the hall.... it felt like sauna in there. When they complained, the front desk clerk said to open the window!!! ???? The buffet had mixed reviews from my friends. There were several of them who had stomach upset. The people at the buffet breakfast (staff) could be more friendly.... but most of them middle age....hard for them to smile and be friendly..... need more meat in their buffet...like bacon or ham or chicken or pork....... it is often many cheese, fruits and vegetables.......

Location is the best.... a few minutes walk and you are in the row of shops. the central beach and ice cream stalls are great. Food in Bulgaria is great. Happy Grille restaurant has excellent food. Ate there almost every meal.....had no problem experimenting with their food. Mussels were fresh and great ..... The view from the rooms are breathtaking !!! The hallways a little bit gloomy and dark near the elevators.....add more lights and brighter carpets? Somebody got stuck in elevators...... too few elevators.....took the stairs many times during my stay with friends..... need trashcans near elevators. the elevators were a struggle to operate and open/close doors....maybe hotel should change them to new models. Overall a great hotel....just need to update a few things like elevator etc..... Location and View is your best asset. Old hotel is okay as long as all things are CLEAN. That's the most important thing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ong_72
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for taking your time to review our hotel. I must admit that I find your review rather objective. We definitely are aware that there is place for improvement, and now we are working on our future renovation and investment plans as the hotel was totally refurbished in the period 2003-2009.

I am so glad that you highly appreciated our perfect location and of coarse the magnificent panoramic views over the city of Burgas and the Black sea.

I hope to see you again as a guest at hotel Bulgaria Burgas.

Best regards,
Ribchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed at hotel Bulgaria on the 12th of July 2013 for a couple of nights and couldn't fault it , our room was nice, very clean with a big comfortable bed, the view was amazing especially at night you could see all over Burgas, the staff was polite and the breakfast had a good choice for every nationality.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank savanah1514351
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for taking your time to give feedback about our hotel. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and the we could offer to you the comfort and services that made your stay at hotel Bulgaria a pleasant and comfortable experience.

We hope you enjoyed your stay and we shall see you again soon!
Cape Town
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Its Stalinist exterior should have warned us. Equally we were not deterred by the unfriendly welcome at the reception desk. The sheets on the bed were threadbare. Other than that the room was I suppose adequate. But for an establishment proclaiming itself to be four star, it needs to step up a few gears to compete with international standards. The breakfast was boarding-school fare. Appropriate I suppose as the far greater majority of guests were students (schoolchildren) attending the Mathematics competition which Burgas was hosting (although why should schoolkids have to put up with that anyway?).
But the most memorable part was a visit to the indoor swimming pool. There was no one else there -save for the male attendant, who lurched (yes I choose my word carefully) at us on arrival. His demeanour was menacing. He said something in Bulgarian. Fortunately my partner is Bulgarian-speaking. He could not string together a one-word sentence in English. I was to wear a swimming cap. i could rent one. So I complied. I could also rent a towel ( a four star hotel? I declined.) After having swum a length or two, I could no longer abide the stench emanating from the cap which clearly had never acquainted itself with a cleansing agent, so I flung it aside and carried on swimming. (I didn't put my head below water anyway doing breast stroke).This prompted our resplendent pool attendant to get very animated. It was explained to him what the problem was. He claimed that the caps were thoroughly cleaned after use. He was invited to show my partner the cleaning process. He declined, and reiterated his objections to my continuing swimming. This carried on for some time. He maintained his refusal to produce the evidence. He professed not to understand why my partner was "taking" my side, since I was an "idiot". And then the real chestnut -he said to my partner that it was unfortunate that she was present otherwise he would have "sorted" me "out". This from an employee -of a four star hotel- to paying guests. Need I say more. The wi-fi was also inoperative from our room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard G
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that you had such a bad experience at the swimming pool. I just want to clarify that the swimming pool is not operated directly by the hotel, so the person who met you there is not our employee. This said, I agree with you that it is unacceptable to receive such an attitude in hotel, no matter how many stars it has, so it would be good if you have complained right away at the reception desk and we would have taken adequate measures. The least we could do is demand an apology from the company that operates the swimming complex.

I am also sorry that this bad experience obviously influenced your whole estimation for our hotel. I cannot agree that we deserve 1 point for value, cleanliness, rooms and services. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit hotel Bulgaria again and we have the chance to show you that hotel Bulgaria is a place were it's worth staying and you will find your stay enjoyable and satisfying as almost 80% of our guests think.

Marketing manager
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

due all other was fully booked, we took the Executive Room and it was a nice and pleasant Surprise. Located in one of the higher Floor,we had a amazing Viw over Burgas - especially in the Night, it was fantastic.
After the two Nights there, we really can recommend it to other Travellers here.
Location: Shopping Street in front of the Hotel!!!
Well Breakfast Service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tomatocup66
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad the you had the opportunity to enjoy the comfort of our executive room and sweeping views over Burgas and the sea.
I hope next time you visit Burgas you will choose hotel Bulgaria again and this time you might savor our Chef's masterpieces and the beautiful swimming complex - a place to relax and enjoy.

Marketing manager
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

... perfect Location in Burgas and it was recommended to us by our Friends, who had been there already several Times. Most of the Places are just few Minutes away from the Hotel (Train Station just 5 Minutes away). Good Breakfastbuffet and also we had two Times dinner at the Restaurant and theService there was good and friendly. There was also a very good Pizza Restaurant nearby, where we went many times!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank barradSUN1981
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at hotel Bulgaria Burgas and for taking your time to review our hotel !

I am glad that you were satisfied with the comfort and the services that we offer to our guests. We are happy with your positive attitude and we hope that we shall see you as a frequent returning guest to our hotel. This is what we love about our job - making people happy and seeing them stay at hotel Bulgaria again and again.

Hotel Bulgaria Burgas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burgas
Grand Hotel & SPA Primoretz
#10 of 21 in Burgas
Sol Nessebar Bay
Sol Nessebar Bay
#4 of 35 in Nessebar

Been to Hotel Bulgaria? Share your experiences!