“Very Nice Hotel With Good Food”

Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Wals
Skelmersdale
“Very Nice Hotel With Good Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I stayed here recently on tour with my wife. The staff were excellent and friendly, the rooms are good if not a bit bland, as I am finding myself forgetting what they were like even now. But nevertheless comfortable, clean and reasonably appointed.

We had an evening meal included in the deal and it was so good that my wife, who is notoriously fussy, eat it all without a sidewards glance. Believe me that is an achievement.

It is sort of in the middle of nowhere but with a good bar and good food you should be fine staying here. I would recomment this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Garry_Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I stayed at the Europa Hotel at the beginning of March 2009, and did not enjoy my stay there. There is nothing to complain about regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and room etc, as this was average. The pictures of the hotel are not deceiving got what I saw, and the hotel is right next to the train station as it states so in that respect the locality is good. What you don’t know until you get there is to start with although the hotel is convenient for the train station it is in a very bad area...an adult only area. If you a female would not recommend you walk outside the hotel alone day or night.
I did not feel at all safe in this Hotel. There are three entrances into the Hotel only one where you walk past the reception, the others there are no staff about nor any cameras, people can walk in and out and use it as a walk through as you could walk in from the front and walk out through the back entrance as I saw people doing. Also as the restaurant is on the 15th floor and is open to the public they have access to the rest of the hotel to get to the restaurant.
I was only in this hotel for three nights and also found there is no where to eat in the surrounding areas or in the town centre itself! I would not eat in the Hotel restaurant as the menu was very poor and overpriced. There was not much variety on the menu mainly salads which I didn’t not want as an evening meal in the middle of winter! We did ask the receptionist if there are ANY restaurants nearby or anywhere she could recommend to eat. She gave us directions to one not far from the hotel through the back entrance and past a large blacked out building called 'Erotic' 100yards from the hotel! When we saw the 'restaurant' it was more like and old kebab style hang out for 'men', in this area it did not surprise me! We resulted in eating our evening meals in BURGER KING in the train station.
We had breakfast in the Hotel and only managed a bowl of cereal with warm milk! Yes there more variety but most of which did not appear to be fresh The bacon was the same as 'Frizzle crisps’ was hard and dried out. The soft boiled eggs where hard boiled every morning, and seemed as though they had been lying around since the previous morning and could even try the scrabbled egg after looking at it the cheese omellette was like rubber. There was hams and cheese also, the ham smelt terrible.
The staff in this hotel were very ignorant and unhelpful.
I did not enjoy this experience at all and would certainly not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009
4 Thank Penelope_-_-_-_UK1

Travelers are raving about these Wals hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wals
Austria Trend Hotel Europa Salzburg
Star Inn Hotel Salzburg Airport
Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Center
Crowne Plaza Hotel Salzburg - The Pitter
Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg Mitte
Der Salzburger Hof
Der Salzburger Hof
#17 of 132 in Salzburg

Been to Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West

Property: Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West
Address: Bundesstrasse 4, Wals 5071, Austria
Location: Austria > Austrian Alps > Salzburg Region > Wals
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#4 Luxury Hotel in Wals
Hotel Class:4 star — Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West 4*
Business-oriented Modern Hotel situated 1 km from airport & 7 km from city center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West Salzburg Region - Wals