La cusinga eco lodge was possibly
One of the best things about my vacation. I spent a week in a hostel and switched to la Cusgina for one day. Although I had done many tours through waterfalls and caves and zip lining, just this resort beat it all. At first I was not excited about my room. It said ocean views which i didnt have (realized later all the others did :) but once I walked around I realized I was in paradise. The views from the common area and restaurant and second to none! There pool is made up of a small natural waterfall. There are hiking trails all over the property. The view from the trail down to the beach has the most gorgeous view I've ever seen in all my travels. I did not have enough time to explore the waterfall on the beach or the cave all in the backyard of the eco resort. The staff were some of the friendliest I've ever come across. Very polite and treated me as a friend and not as a client or customer. Check in was easy and I believe they gave me a close by room because I had a very very large and obviously heavy backpack. Although that is why I did not have an ocean view. I did have several hummingbirds come right up to feed from the flowers on my porch, saw what looked like peacocks or turkeys on the walk to the beach, a butterfly bigger than my hand too! Also the man working the reception when I checked in was able to make sure I would have a nice breakfast even though I had to leave for the airport at 6am. (Breakfast doesn't start until 7) what kind people and what an amazing place! I will definitely go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita