I absolutely loved our time at La Cusinga but I want folks to understand, really, the experience they are signing up for! It isn't your completely pampered hotel experience you might find elsewhere but it is a slice of beautiful rest in a completely special country.
I want to say that, first off, the hotel staff and customer service we received was excellent! They handled all our requests and questions with ease and were able to get us excursions with only a few hours notice. They also handled my wife's somewhat unique dietary needs very easily.
The views are stunning, the beach is stunning, and it is just a great peaceful place to relax. My wife also indicate the yoga and massage was top notch. Just to be clear I would recommend you be in decent physical shape if you're planning on going to the beach - it's quite a hike through the jungle including a LOT of vertical "steps" that is more like a ladder. You are also a $10 cab ride into town and dinners are $25/night at La Cusinga so keep that in mind. I found the food wonderful but it is a fixed menu serving traditional costa rican cuisine. They only get ingredients that are locally sourced, and it is pretty good however. The views are incredible while you eat as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita