This is an exceptional lodge and I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying here.It is a small establishment run by a family who is very environmentally oriented, supports the local community and strives to ensure your stay here is thoroughly enjoyable. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, speak English and the food is delicious. Rooms are individual casitas and there are also two "bunkhouse" type areas for a group of people that want to stay together. Everything is very clean and very maintained. There is a beautiful covered veranda from which you can enjoy the birds and see out into the ocean - gorgeous sunsets. The establishment has its own private beach, walking trails, and a freshwater relaxing pool. You will awake here to the amazing sounds of birds and howler monkies. I have stayed here 4 times and will continue to go back. They fill up very fast during the high season so be certain to make reservations early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita