My husband and I spent 5 days at Rancho Pacifico at the end of December and we LOVED it! The rooms were clean, lovely and remarkably bug-free. We had our own little corner of the rainforest and it was breathtaking. We came to RP to relax and see a slice of Costa Rica and were so, so happy with our selection.
The hotel is set right into a mountain with fab views of the "Whale's Tail" beach below. The weather on the beach was what you might expect - sunny and quite warm but the air was cooler in the mountains, so we were comfortable with a light sweater in the evenings (perfect). And GREAT sleeping weather!
The views are amazing, the facilities are lovely and the staff is (almost without exception) genuinely helpful and very gracious. The staff will help you map out some adventures (horseback-riding, mangrove tours, zip-lining, etc ) or will let you sit back and enjoy your amazing surroundings. The onsite spa was really wonderful, the bar was great and the meals were EXCELLENT.
I should also mention that the other guests we met were also lovely!
The owners (Garrison and Silvia) are also gracious, helpful and focused on making sure that your stay is fantastic!
The only slight disappointment was that the drive from San Jose was much longer than expected. We flew back to San Jose on the return which was definitely the way to go.
All told, we LOVED it! We found nearly everything at RP to be top-drawer and are hoping to return one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita