TikiVillas(Uvita)
$136
$212
$180
$167
Eden Tica Lodge(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$93
Ranchos Remo(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Breakfast included
Tucan Hotel(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$31
Hotel Luz de Luna(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$68
Bungalows Ballena(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$221
$78
  • Free Internet
$570
All reviewsspa suitevilla romanticacosta ricaother guestsour honeymoonnational geographic tourzip liningtree househowler monkeyssan josecanopy tourwhale's tailevery mealan adventurerainy seasonunique experiencetotal relaxation
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Literally just got back from Costa Rica today and want to add my name to chorus of folks who rave about Rancho Pacifico. Beautiful setting... lovely attentive staff... terrific food... I went back and read some of the negative reviews and all I could think was "What hotel did you people stay in?" Highlights: evening cocktail hour (6 PM. SHARP!) ... a massage with Gloria... meeting some terrific people staying there... chatting with RP owner Garrison.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We came to Rancho Pacifico for our honeymoon, and I must say it was absolutely perfect from the moment we arrived, until we were saying our goodbyes a week later. Their attention to detail and customer service are impeccable. The entire staff greets you by name and always makes you feel at home, like part of their own family. Garrison and Silvia, the owners, really take that extra step to make Rancho Pacifico such a memorable and unforgettable place! Alex, the chef, creates the most amazing cuisine. Everything from the fresh squeezed juices and homemade muffins at breakfast every morning, to the array of eclectic dinners he presents. Everything is just superb. Adriana, the customer service manager, is so warm and friendly (as everyone there) and will help you plan your days and set up any activities or anything you would like to do outside of Rancho Pacifico. The spa is another wonderful, relaxing experience and has the best views! Marco, was my spa therapist and he gave some of the best massages, facials and body wraps I've had! In conclusion, Rancho Pacifico more than exceeded our expectations and we will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Sml21
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife, son, daughter-in-law and I stayed in RP's two bedroom villa four nights in late December. We wanted a location where my son and daughter-in-law had access to a variety of activities and my wife and I could hike and chill.

We also wanted to avoid the beach areas ... too hot ... too much traffic.

RP was the perfect location. You could choose your climate for the day. Stay at RP for the climate of a cool mountain rainforest; or have the staff drive you down to connect with one of many tours/activities availble in the area ... generally located in the much warmer low areas along the coast.

At RP itself, the weather was always cool, often partly cloudy in the morning, mostly cloudy or misty in the afternoon and frequently rainy at night ... afterall, it is a rainforest. Meanwhile, at the base of the mountain range, along the coast, it was mostly sunny with temperatures in the mid 80's and very little rain.

RP has two challenging mountain trails located on site. The first day, all four of us hiked one of trails down to RP's private waterfall ... magnificant! ... and a great workout!! ... not recommended for the faint-of-heart or the out-of-shape ... highly recommended for all others. The second day, my son and daughter-in-law went on a snorkeling tour that they enjoyed thoroughly. My wife and I hiked down to the beach and back ... six hours ... awesome!

The third day, I got up at dawn and hiked the "upper" trail with the mostly-beagle, Champion, one of RP's friendly mascots. Picture this: stunning views from below and above the clouds, monkeys howling in the distance, fresh mountain air, Champion out front flushing birds of various types from time to time. For me ... perfect. My son and daughter-in-law rode down to Bahia Ballena in one of the SUVs and took a taxi back in the afternoon. My wife and I chilled and mended out muscles from the earlier workouts.

As memorable as these activities and "nonactivites" were, they are not the best of RP. That honor belongs to the staff ... charming, helpful, concerned ... family. I've never felt so much at ease during a vacation ... a tribute mainly to the staff and our hosts: Silvia and Garrison.

The other guests -- there were 20 of us total -- were diverse (twenty something to seventy something), fun, friendly and interesting.

In short, we wanted a place to be spoiled and we were.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Who would not love to stay at a resort that has been frequented by Anderson Cooper as well as Sheryl Crow? It was finally our turn to make it to this picturesque eco-hotel – complete with spa and preserve – known as the Rancho Pacifico in Costa Rica. From the onset of the vacation, We knew that this stay was different.

We highly recommend this resort; it is a wonderful place to relax and drink in nature’s magnificence. Our heartfelt gratitude goes to Garrison, Sylvia and their staff, whose passion for -- and excellence in – customer service set the tone for our stay. The entire staff is made up of the most gracious hosts who treated us like a part of the extended family. Thank you!

Being well traveled and having had the luxury of experiencing many five-star hotels, Rancho Pacifico is truly unique. We rank it at the top of our list. It is at once very inviting and yet very intimate and private. The nature views are breathtaking! We loved the way that the rooms easily harmonized and connected with nature, specifically the rainforest.

The food was fresh, healthy and introduced us to tantalizing flavors, yum! Lots of kudos to Alex for unforgettable culinary creations. This is such a great place to stay; We are looking forward to bringing back our friends and enjoying one of the other rooms during our next stay.

Mucho Gracias!

Glenda and Jerry

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Rancho Pacifico in Costa Rica for our Honeymoon. We were both exceptionally impressed the entire length of our stay. We stayed at the end of November and celebrated Thanksgiving with the other guests and employees. We flew into Quepos and took a short 40 minute drive to Uvita. The views of the coastline and hillside were amazing! We arrived and were immediately greeted by staff, received a short explanation on scheduling excursions, scheduling for the spa, and food availability. We were then escorted to our room. We stayed in a Treehaus which was incredible. The views from the balcony and even the bed are amazing. The Treehaus has a very open feel with tropical breezes blowing through daily. The Treehaus was decorated nice and was very contemporary. It rained for most days that we stayed, but the rains did not last all day and at the base of the mountain, it barely rained at all. My wife and I enjoyed 4 spa treatments each: Swedish Massage, Hot stone massage, Chocolate wrap, and a Coffee scrub. Each was very enjoyable and relaxing. I enjoyed the swedish massage and my wife enjoyed the chocolate wrap best. I recommend scheduling later in the afternoon after you come back from excursions but before dinner. It is really an incredible ending to an adventurous day. For our excursions, we chose the National Geographic Mangrove Tour, an ATV tour through the jungle, The Canopy tour (zip line tour), and spent a day at the Whale's Tail. Each was different but enjoyable in their own way. During the Mangrove Tour, we saw lots of wildlife, even all 3 species of monkeys native to Costa Rica, Our Guide even caught a 5ft crocodile for us to hold and take pictures. The ATV tour was also fun. We drove our ATV's nearly 3000ft up a mountain, crashed through a river, and swam in a waterfall. Rancho Pacifico also has a waterfall on the grounds that is a moderate 20 minute hike from the main area.
My wife and I were impressed with the attention and service that was given to us. Each staff member greeted us with a smile and by our first names. Breakfast served daily is delicious and they offer some traditional costa rican dishes as well. The gallo pinto was my favorite. Dinner was also amazing. We would start at the bar and get the "drink of the day." We would then be served a plate or 2 of appetizers while we drank. The we would make our way to the dinner service, with more appetizers, soup/salad, entree, and dessert. I promise that you will not go back to your room hungry! The food is amazing and comparable to any 5 star restaurant. We were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving Dinner with the owners, Garrison and Sylvia, who are so very nice, welcoming, and charming. We also ate with some of the staff who have been with Rancho since its beginnings. It was great to eat with them and interact. We all shared stories from home, our childhood, and Costa Rican adventures.
Overall, Rancho Pacifico was the best trip I have ever taken. My wife and I were sad to leave. Words here cannot come close to describing the attentiveness of the staff, the food, views, adventures, and the experiences. If you are looking for a romantic getaway or just seclusion and peace, then Rancho Pacifico is the place for you. You never have to leave Rancho Pacifico; everything you need is there for you. If not, just ask, and the staff will make it happen. You can even travel to the base of the mountain to the town of Uvita, stock up on groceries, mingle with the locals, and eat at the local restaurants. Costa Rica is a great place to visit and Rancho Pacifico will exceed all expectations; I know it exceeded mine.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a little humidity, then go for a Treehaus. Otherwise, one of the villa's will be just fine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple