“Another GREAT restaurant in Uvita!”
Review of Sabor Espanol

Sabor Espanol
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Uvita
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spanish restaurant, owners from Ibiza and Barcelona. Specializing in Paellas, Sangria, Spanish Wines List, Meats and Seafood dishes. Open for dinner.
Dominical, Costa Rica
“Another GREAT restaurant in Uvita!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Dined there last night and was pleasantly surprised! A little hard to find in the dark & rain, but it was worth the trip because the food was outstanding and service amazing! We had the seafood paella which takes about 40 minutes to prepare, and snacked on grilled octopus and stuffed avocados with Sangria and fruit drinks to start. I definitely recommend this restaurant! We'll be back for certain!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Joumana K

San Francisco, California
“Some of the Best Food Anywhere”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

It was recommended that we try this place while we were staying at the Flutterby House. It's one of the staff's favorite restaurants, which is lucky, because it's only a five-minute walk from the hostel, and a minute (literally) from the beach.

The place is small, and is owned and run by a lovely Spanish couple from Ibiza. The husband, Eddie, is the chef, and his wife is the server. They're both very nice and welcoming, and the ambiance of their restaurant is very intimate, particularly at night. The only seating is on the porch, so you always have the sound of the beach in the background.

I had the pork lomito - pork tenderloin with a pineapple sauce - and my girlfriend had what they call "broscetas": skewers of chicken and banana wrapped in bacon. It's worth noting that my girlfriend hates bananas. She's literally never eaten a banana in her life, she hates them so much. When she was here, she willingly ate banana. That alone should speak to the quality of the food. As for myself, it was hands-down one of the best meals I've had at a restaurant anywhere in my entire life.

Eddie, the chef, could be at the helm of a massively popular restaurant anywhere he wanted with his talents, but he's decided to have a little operation down on the beach in Uvita, about fifteen minutes' walk from the nearest paved road. It's clear that they are doing exactly what they want to be doing at this restaurant, and they're doing it masterfully.

My suggestion: go for dinner (if you're walking, bring a flashlight; they don't open until dusk). The food takes a bit to come out, since Eddie's also the only cook, so just order a carafe of their excellent sangria and enjoy the evening. Don't go when you're in a rush, and don't go when you're already super-hungry. Go for the experience, and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank SleepyPiper
Austin, Texas
“Beautiful location, tasty food!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I were married in Costa Rica and we wanted to find a nice, quiet and not crowded yet tasty restaurant. Our hotel recommended us to Sabor Espanol and we were so glad they did. My husband and I were delighted when we found the place. It was hidden and if you feel like you are lost when driving there, then you are going the right way! Upon arriving, the restaurant is well lit, warm and inviting. The chef greeted us upon arrival and even though it was after 8 PM, and he had a reservation he was waiting on to arrive, he invited us into the restaurant with open arms. We ordered a jug of the Sangria and it was rich and smooth. The food was great and just what we were looking for. This hidden gem is a must!!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Christina D
New York City, New York
“Gorgeous food, a warm welcome, and don't forget the wine”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We have been here several times and the food is consistently delicious. Montse is the charming front-of-house but chef Heri always makes a point of coming out of the kitchen to greet his guests and make sure everything is to their liking. The paella is an event but we've also enjoyed many other things on the menu. Sabor Español has one of the best wine lists in the area, so much so that we've yet to try the sangria which looks wonderful heading to other tables. This is not a place where you'll dine quickly, so come ready to relax and enjoy the company of whoever you're with. The food will delight you along the way.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Rebecca G
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Yummy and Fun”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friends and I happened upon this restaurant after a morning at the beach. We were surprised to find such good food on a back road in the middle of nowhere. We thoroughly enjoyed the food. I am a sangria snob and theirs hit the spot , refreshing ,and exactly the way sangria should be.
The portions were on the small side but very tasty and well seasoned. Montse came to see if we enjoyed our food and his wife was very friendly and accommodating.
Definitely worth a visit when you are hungry in Uvita. It is a fun little spot .

• Visited February 2014