“Gorgeous food, a warm welcome, and don't forget the wine”
Review of Sabor Espanol

Sabor Espanol
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Uvita
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spanish restaurant, owners from Ibiza and Barcelona. Specializing in Paellas, Sangria, Spanish Wines List, Meats and Seafood dishes. Open for dinner.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have been here several times and the food is consistently delicious. Montse is the charming front-of-house but chef Heri always makes a point of coming out of the kitchen to greet his guests and make sure everything is to their liking. The paella is an event but we've also enjoyed many other things on the menu. Sabor Español has one of the best wine lists in the area, so much so that we've yet to try the sangria which looks wonderful heading to other tables. This is not a place where you'll dine quickly, so come ready to relax and enjoy the company of whoever you're with. The food will delight you along the way.

2  Thank Rebecca G
There are newer reviews for Sabor Espanol

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friends and I happened upon this restaurant after a morning at the beach. We were surprised to find such good food on a back road in the middle of nowhere. We thoroughly enjoyed the food. I am a sangria snob and theirs hit the spot , refreshing ,and exactly the way sangria should be.
The portions were on the small side but very tasty and well seasoned. Montse came to see if we enjoyed our food and his wife was very friendly and accommodating.
Definitely worth a visit when you are hungry in Uvita. It is a fun little spot .

1  Thank EGDF
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I loved, loved, loved this restaurant! We stumbled on this restaurant after surfing at the beach down the road (Yes, the road is a dirt road!...a rocky road!...but what do you expect in Costa Rica???! If it's not a main road...then it'll be a dirt road...so take a chill pill). We arrived for lunch so it wasn't busy at all. We had gazpacho, salad, and beef with white whine, and lots of homemade sangria. The atmosphere was quiet, clean, and beautifully decorated. The service was quite friendly. The owners stopped to chat with us for a bit...turns out we were all in Ibiza over the same weekend this past September! Food was Spanish with a costa rican twist. I would definitely visit Sabor Espanol again, and I would recommend it to everyone!

Gracias, SaborEspanol! :)

4  Thank matuays
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner here last week while visiting Bahia Ballena. My three adult children ordered the seafood paella, and my husband and I shared the veggie paella. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food. The seafood paella was PACKED with seafood. My children have always had healthy appetites, but we still had to take some of it with us. The veggie paella was equally good. I would definitely eat here again.

2  Thank lscottbeh
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I went to Sabor Espanol this weekend with my husband as we were too tired to cook, and we had a wonderful experience. We were starving, and upon arriving Montse informed us that they were running a little behind because the party in front of us had arrived a bit late, and we appreciated them letting us know.

They promptly brought us some refreshing sangria and complimentary bread and homemade aioli, which took the edge off. This was followed quickly by our appetizer, "Papas Bravas", which I had never had before, but immediately fell in love with - comfort food to the max.

Our main dishes were the steak with grapes and reduced red wine, and the mango chicken. They were both delicious and had beautiful presentation. The quality of the meat and chicken was far superior to anything I have had in the area, the tastes were all very new to me but welcome.

At the end, the owners Montse and Heri came over and talked with us for a while, which, these days, is special. Throughout our time there they were very attentive and the service was wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant to any food lovers who happen to be in the Costa Ballena area!

2  Thank achandrahuff