We stayed two nights in this hotel in July 2010.
Our first feeling was good. Beautiful view on the ocean, nice swimming pool.
However, considering the price, this place needs to be refurbished. The room is large but old, traces on the walls, musty smell, old decoration. We found several insects in the room and a cockroach in the bathroom. The room has not been cleaned after our first night.
Again, this is a nice place, beautiful view, but at this rate, we were expecting a better quality.
The rate should be around 80$ incl breakfast.
A positive point for the very good welcome from a young team.
Restaurant : the food was correct. We didn't see the price as it was included in the room price (110$).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Ballena hotel, perched in the hills of Costa Rica's wild southern coast, is more than a tropical resort. Here, in the world's most ecologically diverse setting, you will discover nature's hidden treasures and sustenance for the soul. Our 20 room hotel is set high among the mountainous jungles of Costa Ballena. Enjoy exquisite views of the “Whale’s Tail” sandbar as it extends into the warm ocean waters and witness humpback whales cresting as they pass. Surrounded by lush rainforest and pristine coral-lined beaches, Vista Ballena is a place of solace and discovery in an otherwise untouched land. Paradise after all, is not just a destination, it is what stirs inside us when we set our eyes on the sublime wonders and wisdom of the natural world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vista Ballena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Vista Ballena Hotel Costa Rica/Uvita