We met Johnny (a worker at this restaurant) in the super market. He told us about the all you can eat tues buffet ( just in June) , so we decided to check it out. It's a steep drive, but possible to do without four wheel drive. The views are stunning, we sat at the bar and had a few drinks, enjoying the view. The buffet was excellent and very reasonably priced $10. Per person. After dinner we had a ball spotting all the nearby wildlife, there were so many toucans nearby, we also saw a sloth. The people that run this hotel are extremely nice , as are all of the employees. I cannot speak for hotel part but the restaurant was very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Ballena hotel, perched in the hills of Costa Rica's wild southern coast, is more than a tropical resort. Here, in the world's most ecologically diverse setting, you will discover nature's hidden treasures and sustenance for the soul. Our 20 room hotel is set high among the mountainous jungles of Costa Ballena. Enjoy exquisite views of the “Whale’s Tail” sandbar as it extends into the warm ocean waters and witness humpback whales cresting as they pass. Surrounded by lush rainforest and pristine coral-lined beaches, Vista Ballena is a place of solace and discovery in an otherwise untouched land. Paradise after all, is not just a destination, it is what stirs inside us when we set our eyes on the sublime wonders and wisdom of the natural world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Vista Ballena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Vista Ballena Hotel Costa Rica/Uvita