The drive up the mountain looks treacherous, but is pretty typical of the Costa Rican roads that I experienced. The hotel is beautifully located 1 km up the mountain from Uvita Beach and the Whales tail (only visible at low tide). The hotel itself has been redone by the new owners and they've done an incredible job! The dining room, bar and pool all look out on the most awe inspiring sunsets I've ever seen. As the sun goes down you can hear the calls of sloths and geckos in the jungle surrounding the property. We were lucky enough to even have bee visited by a kudamundi on the patio.
The staff was outstanding and very friendly (especially my new buddy Roger. Get him to make you the signature drink - the shark- lol) As a someone who knows the restaurant industry very well, I have to say that all of the dishes we tried were very high quality. They tasted amazing and you could tell by the artistry of the presentation that the chefs care about their art. I would just like to thank the staff and the new owners TIm and Tiffany. You made our trip spectacular!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Ballena hotel, perched in the hills of Costa Rica's wild southern coast, is more than a tropical resort. Here, in the world's most ecologically diverse setting, you will discover nature's hidden treasures and sustenance for the soul. Our 20 room hotel is set high among the mountainous jungles of Costa Ballena. Enjoy exquisite views of the “Whale’s Tail” sandbar as it extends into the warm ocean waters and witness humpback whales cresting as they pass. Surrounded by lush rainforest and pristine coral-lined beaches, Vista Ballena is a place of solace and discovery in an otherwise untouched land. Paradise after all, is not just a destination, it is what stirs inside us when we set our eyes on the sublime wonders and wisdom of the natural world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vista Ballena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Vista Ballena Hotel Costa Rica/Uvita