TikiVillas(Uvita)
$31
Bungalows Ballena(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$133
Orbitz.com
Big Bamboo Uvita(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$40
$670
TripAdvisor
All reviewswhale's tailpoolside barplate presentationthe rooms were niceinfinity poolcosta ricarestaurant and bar areafew beersoutstanding viewswinding roadwhales taletunalow tideair conditionerfresh fruitexotic birdsocean view
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We recently spent two nights and Whales & Dolphins. I gave it 4 stars because of the view and the staff. The beds etc were comfy and the room clean. The room could use a little tlc. It was a little overpriced but the view was incredible! We had such great service all through Costa Rica but I especially appreciated the friendly interaction we had at Whales & Dolphins.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DurangoMtngirl
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was the last leg of a great vacation for 4 of us. The Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge was intimate and the staff made our stay wonderful. Johnny and his staff were friendly and engaging. We relaxed every evening with a great meal made with fresh ingredients, a swim, and beautiful views of the Bellena Whales Tail. In the morning we woke to beautiful views and Toucans in the trees.

Thanks again for a great ending to a great vacation. Liz and the Chicas. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: If you had difficulty walking ask for a room close to the dining pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Liz W
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is an incredible place to stay if you just want to get away from it all and enjoy what Costa Rica really has to offer. The view from the hotel is magnificent the food at the restaurant is fabulous and the house drinks are amazing (you have to try the Seahorse!). The staff and the owners are incredibly friendly from Raul at the front desk to Rodger behind the bar if you need something just ask and it's there. I can't wait to go back again this is absolutely my favorite place in Central America so far. The pool is warm, the wildlife is beautiful and tranquility of the natural scenery is without a doubt unbeatable.
I was there from late December to early January. New Years Eve was a great time. Thanks Everyone!

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view for couples I would ask for the lower level if you don't mind stairs although the staff will drive you down. For families the upper level is closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LisaWildenhaus
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We came across this hotel by accident whilst looking for somehwere to have lunch. A bit of a hairy drive up a steep road but once at the top we were very happy with the location. Brilliant view over the countryside and coast below with tables to suit to enjoy this.The food was not expensive at all compared to the places we called in on the main road/area below, in fact we came back the next day as we were not prepared to pay the price in the more touristic area below with a less ambient atmosphere.
We had traditional food as is our way when abroad and were very pleased with the fayre provided including the house white wine. We have great photos of the resident toucan. The staff are excellent, very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for the food, view and ambience but cant comment on the accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BarnsleyOzzies
Reviewed December 28, 2012

First off made reservations explaining I am traveling with a service dog.. When I arrive I am informed the dog cannot enter the resturant or bar area and must sleep on the balcony. I asked for this in writing to then be told it was all right for my dog to be with me at all times. Then once checked into the room only to have it flooded out from a bad connection on the toilet bowl tank. We then were moved to a different room with no A/C and a bad mildew smell. Bed was not to comfortable. One person was working the resturant and bar. I waited a half hour for a beer. Dinner was also very slow. Breakfast the same. Oh I forgot that we had a bees nest on the bottom of the lawn chair on the balcony. New owners with no experience running a hotel. Understaffed and no one checked rooms to see if they are ready for guests... for the price this place needs to step it up!

Room Tip: don't stay here until they hire more staff and update rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple