We came across this hotel by accident whilst looking for somehwere to have lunch. A bit of a hairy drive up a steep road but once at the top we were very happy with the location. Brilliant view over the countryside and coast below with tables to suit to enjoy this.The food was not expensive at all compared to the places we called in on the main road/area below, in fact we came back the next day as we were not prepared to pay the price in the more touristic area below with a less ambient atmosphere.
We had traditional food as is our way when abroad and were very pleased with the fayre provided including the house white wine. We have great photos of the resident toucan. The staff are excellent, very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for the food, view and ambience but cant comment on the accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is dramatically located on a bluff overlooking Ballena Marina Park, the pacific coast and Cano Island, This national park includes the largest coral reef on the pacific side of Costa Rica. This wildlife sanctuary protects different species of whales and dolphins together with other marine life. We can offer you the best of both worlds: rich rainforest combined with abundant marine life. Walk into the "green world" of immense biodiversity right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Vista Ballena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Vista Ballena Costa Rica/Uvita