We ventured to Whales and Dolfins for a coffee and stayed for lunch. Food was good and price reasonable. This property has recently changed owners. Tim and Tiffany a Canadian couple from Ontario have purchased it and are making many improvements; upgrading the rooms, pool area, gardens etc. They are friendly and hospitable and want their guests to have a positive experience. We went back for a wonderful Thanksgiving Buffet dinnner and thoroughly enjoyed it. The view is unbelievable and the sunset has to be seen! Service was great with staff who spoke English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Ballena hotel, perched in the hills of Costa Rica's wild southern coast, is more than a tropical resort. Here, in the world's most ecologically diverse setting, you will discover nature's hidden treasures and sustenance for the soul. Our 20 room hotel is set high among the mountainous jungles of Costa Ballena. Enjoy exquisite views of the “Whale’s Tail” sandbar as it extends into the warm ocean waters and witness humpback whales cresting as they pass. Surrounded by lush rainforest and pristine coral-lined beaches, Vista Ballena is a place of solace and discovery in an otherwise untouched land. Paradise after all, is not just a destination, it is what stirs inside us when we set our eyes on the sublime wonders and wisdom of the natural world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vista Ballena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Vista Ballena Hotel Costa Rica/Uvita